You? (pt. 2)

10 votes and 15 comments to continue.

My family wasn't so thrilled when they found out Manny was easily slipped back into protecting our family. All week Manny has been sending me flowers and gifts. He even tried to ask me out on a date yesterday. But I wasn't going to fall into his little trap and be tricked into playing his little mind games. Of course I had love for him, but now I've moved on. It sucks that he couldn't move on himself but I wish he didn't just show up and try to force his love onto me. I stood up and groaned. I picked up the small bear Manny had bought me and threw it into the trash bin. The door flew open and Manny came rushing in. He pulled me closer to him and pressed his lips onto mine. I felt the butterflies that I had gotten rid of a long time ago, reappear. But I had to end it. I pushed him off of me, my breathing spiraling out of control.

"Bahja, I love you. A lot. I need you. I-I can't get over you baby." He began confessing his undying love for me.

I'll admit, it was cute. But I still couldn't trust him.

"Bye Manny." I held onto the door.

"No," He huffed. "I'm not leaving until you become my girlfriend again." Manny folded his arms.

"Well I guess you'll be staying in here for the next couple of weeks." I fell onto my bed and turned on my TV.

"I'm cool with that." His perfectly defined jaw clinched.

I swear he could cut somebody with that beautifully made jaw....I snapped myself out of my thoughts and started channel surfing. This went on for about fifteen minutes. Every five minutes I would look over to see Manny still standing there, watching me. Like a hawk.

"Do you like...want to sit down or something?" I only offered because I felt bad for making him stand for so long.

"Do you actually want me to sit down?" Manny asked.

"I just felt bad because you've been standing up for more than fifteen minutes now." I said.

"Are you forgetting that I already stand up all day in front of y'all door because it's my job to protect you guys?" He chuckled.

"Oh yeah...I forgot." I laughed along with him.

"Bahja please stop fronting. You know you still care about me. I don't know if you're still in love with me but I know you still have love for me and I'm determined to make you mine again. Believe that," Manny said. "And your mom wants you to meet her down at the beach so y'all can have a nice little family dinner." He smiled.

I sighed. He was right. But I'm definitely not going to tell him that...Plus I don't date the help. I threw on my flip flops and went to go join my beautiful family downstairs for dinner.