5.

O N E H O U R B E F O R E Z A Y N M A L I K D R O W N E D

At five in the morning, Lake Monroe is deserted. The sun is slowly ascending in front of him, making the water scintillate and bringing the sky to life with colour.

It looks like a watercolour painting coming to life, a piece of art. Zayn feels a sudden pang in his heart, which he tries to smother. But as it happens, the heart is not in the business of being suffocated.

He breathes in, letting the damp tang of the water and the wholeness of the growing grass encompass him.

He feels messy and ruined, and convinces himself that he is a disaster.

So Zayn tugs off his maroon jumper, shivering in the nipping cold of the autumn morning. He pulls off his jeans next, leaving him in his swimming trunks. Now he feels the frost like a thousand tiny needles stabbing his bare skin, it's iciness biting into him.

He really is cold now, not at all scared. Or at least, that's what he tells himself.

And then Zayn thinks, why the hell do I have to lie to myself all the time?

So then he tells himself the truth.

He is terrified, horrified, frantic, panic-stricken and a disaster that is far beyond repair. 

And then he understands that the truth didn't much help, and it doesn't matter anyway.

All he is doing is going for another swim. His very last one. It's all very simple, really.

Zayn takes his first step in the water, feeling the water lap around his feet.

It's just another swim. It's nothing to be frightened of. Easy. 

There's another step then. His toes are frozen, his ankles wet now.

One more swim. It's not a big deal.

He goes further in, until the water is around his waist. He can't feel his legs, and his teeth begin to chatter, but he doesn't care now.

He never cared.

He wades in, takes in a deep breath, and dives down and under.

Zayn Malik is a disaster, going down and under.

//

a/n: i start school tomorrow omg i feel sick. i hope it goes well *furiously crosses fingers* just thought i'd update :)

thank you for reading x

please don't forget to vote and comment and all, since i really love hearing what you guys have to say n all c: it makes my day tbh.

ly to pluto and back. 

byeee x