Chapter Four

A/N: I dedicate this chapter to one of my bestest and awesomest (those aren't real words I know. but screw that) in real life, Maria Tricia Anne A. Gomez, or as I like to call her, "Faffy" because I love her and miss her so much.

I've been writing a fantasy story whilst writing this one, but I decided to finish this one first and I promised her that that story would be for her, but since I'm not finished with it yet, I dedicated a chapter from this book to her. >:D<

Anyway, Faffy, the Dark Lord Chuckles the Silly Piggy dedicates this chappy to you and the Dark Lord would also like to thank you for not only making Chuckles laugh in his/her darkest times (i.e. when I found out about my favorite character on GoT's -- nevermind) but also for being there when the feels hit.

Chapter Four

Being Chloe and Sarah’s shopping buddy became a routine. It wasn’t that bad. But my opinion of the sitting around and waiting remained intact. It was basically like having a girlfriend, the catch though was that she wasn’t really my girlfriend and my twin sister had to tag along. And of course, there was still that little fact that she thought I was gay.

Complicated, I know. Oh, I almost forgot. She was still in a relationship.

My social life has got to be the best one there is out there. Note the sarcasm.

I set the bags of clothes I was holding onto down on the vacant seat on the nearest table. I may never get why girls do retail therapy. It was a waste of money, if you’d ask me. I’d never voice those words aloud in front of Chloe or Sarah though; it would be the death of me. Or something like that.

We were sitting at the food court, well except for Chloe. For some reason, she was pumped up and ready to kill. “So, I’m gonna get a strawberry shake with some cranberries. What about you guys?”

I shrugged. “Mango’s good enough for me,” was all I said.

“I’ll take what he’s having,” Sarah said. And with that, Chloe grabbed our money and ran off. It was like she was some sort of seven year old on a sugar high. “Did you slip some sort of drug on her breakfast or something?”

“Don’t look at me,” I said, putting my hands up in mock surrender. “I think it has something to do with our parents away somewhere over the weekend though, which is actually something I should be looking forward to, not her.”

Sarah shook her head, with a small side smile on her face. She had that way of smiling which made you think that she actually mastered the art of doing it in any angle. “This side of her is something we most likely wouldn’t be seeing when school comes by again,” she said with a sigh.

“That’s something we could be sure of,” I agreed. If there was one thing I was learning from spending time with Sarah, it was the avoidance of my “uhs” and “ums”. She said that my over usage of it was enough for it to be turned into some sort of drinking game.

“I honestly don’t feel like going back to school yet,” Sarah confessed. She propped her elbows on the table and rested her chin between her hands. “It’s basically drama with school work thrown into the mix.”

“And then there’s the tests,” I added in. Sarah groaned and buried her face between her hands.

“Don’t remind me,” she said. “It’ll be full of pressure now because of the college forms and all those other crap.”

Her sentence made me have a sort of foresight of what the coming months would be like. And it wasn’t that of a pretty sight. Of course, like Sarah said, there would be schoolwork and tests to study for. But there’ll also be the achievement tests and all-about-college sermons.