624's the name.

The inground of the camp was different than I expected it to be

 The inground of the camp was different than I expected it to be. I had assumed they would have us under lock and key all of the time. There were tables in the mess hall for eating and socializing, cages were built for outside time. Men guarded the cages as well as the mess hall two at each exit. Each woman out and about had a white band around her wrist they scanned to be entered and exited every door.

 Looking at my own I found nothing interesting about it.  It was a black barcode of some sort which I assumed had my data stored on it. They looked like normal hospital bands to me. This was the only thing unique about any of us. We all were dressed in the same gown and shoeless. 

  From being here 2 days I noted that the only time we were to be permitted into these two specific areas was when the doors to our room opened.  

Why the off schedule?

Looking around the room, the majority of the women were quiet. Nothing could be heard above a whisper, not that it mattered. The wolves could hear anything anyway, we all knew that.  The shuffling of feet could be heard against the ground creating quiet noise. 

"We always eat the same food here, but it beats hunting for it" Reese smirked picking up her tray. The morsel consisting of fruit, chicken strips, and fries. They treat us like children, might as well feed us like them as well. 

"They sure are health-conscious" I laughed grabbing my own. 

"I figure its cause this food doesn't require a lot of utensils. You know..." she said making a stabbing motion towards me.  It made sense, they didn't want us getting anything sharp to have any ideas with. We had done the same for patients in my wing as a student after trauma. 

"You really think they care that much? If one of us..." I grabbed my throat.  I doubt if they cared if we croaked, they have hundreds to replace us with. Alone in the cages, it seemed like there were at least 100 to each all packed like sardines wanting fresh air. 

" I do, I think they need us a lot more than we need them" she noted taking a bit of an apple. This was a new thought I had been considering for some time. If they needed females why not use their own? What was the use of having nothing but humans rounded up and taken away from their homes? Why not just govern then from a dictatorship? These were some of the questions I had yet to answer in my who/what/when analysis. 

None of the other women spoke to us as we sat down to eat our food. I didn't care, I had grown accustomed to being alone and eating alone. I wasn't much one for conversation as I was before all this happened anyways. They didn't know my story and I didn't know theirs. Getting close to people causes problems in Wereworld. 

On the upside of things, It was nice to have incoming food every day. At my apartment, I usually ate a cool can of beans and some spinach to keep my strength.  When the wolves took over fully about 2 weeks after the outbreak. It was harder and harder to find a supply that would sustain oneself.  I had a load of gummy vitamins that I had taken from the clinic and I made sure to take those. They would keep me going if nothing else.