Descent Into Darkness

"There is still no news on the five women that went missing on their camping and spelunking trip two weeks ago. The police think that foul play may be involved but they are not one hundred percent sure at this moment. We will keep you updated when we get more news." Click. "That was really annoying. Well, at least I know what happened to those girls. I know all too well what happened to them. Ha! Those poor innocent girls. Ptu. They had it coming to them. I remember their deaths. Each one worse than the last..."

"Hey Jade!" "Hey Katniss. How have you been?" God I hate this chick thought Jade. "I've been good, you?" What the hell is she doing here? God I hate her so much. "Do you know when the others are supposed get here" Jade questioned. "They're supposed to be here soon," replied Katniss. Great, I'm stuck with this...person until the others get here both women thought bitterly.

"Maria! Rose! Hurry up! We're late as it is. We should've been at Jade's house already" yelled Violet. "We're coming, we're coming just hold on. Geez" yelled Maria. "Do we have to go cave diving" whispered the soft spoken little Rose. "Yes we do. We have to go on this trip because it is gonna be fun. And it will help you be more outgoing." "But you all know I'm scared of small places and I hate the dark" protested Rose. "This adventure will help you get over your fears of those things. Plus, you will get to know the others better." "But the other scare me, especially Jade." Well, I'm here if you need me to help you. Did y'all get everything packed for the trip?" "We got the sleeping bags, some water, a knife, some flares and a lighter for the fire." "MARIA HURRY UP!!!!!" Rose winced at the loudness of Violet's voice. "I'm coming down. I was getting a few personal things." "What did you get," sighed Violet. " I'm bringing my nail polish and flute for when get back out of the cave and relax." "The flute sounds good, but why do you need your nail polish?" "So I can do my nails." "Ok then Maria, I guess you bring your nail polish with you BUT we are there to explore and have fun," Violet said. "I know," replied Maria. "Ok, I think we have everything packed ready to go. Lets move out" said Violet.

"They should be here by now. We agreed to meet at exactly 9 'o clock. Where are those three?" "They'll be here soon enough Jade, just wait." "I'm getting tired of waiting. We should've left by now" Jade said impatiantly. "Oh stop your complaining Jade," snapped Katniss. "Don't tell me what to do Katniss." "I'll say whatever I want to you Jade," challenged Katniss. Both women stand up to each other as they hear a car pull up. "We're here!" Violet, Maria, and Rose all see that Jade and Katniss are face to face staring at each other. Violet intervenes and gets in between both women. "Hey, hey, hey no fighting before during or after the trip, got it?" "Yeah, I here you" reples Katniss. Jade just stands there still staring at Katniss. "Jade!" "Yeah I here you, Violet." "Good, because the safety of every person here is dependent on everyone's ability to control there self. We don't need anyone getting hurt because of one's anger towards someone." "We don't need to to fight Jade, Katniss," peeped Rose. "Both of y'all are right" Jade and Katniss reply. "You two good now? "Yeah, we're good, but I'm still watching her," warned Katniss. "Good, watch your back in the caves Katniss" threatened Jade. "Jade. Stop." "Let's just go," Jade said.

"Maria..." "Yeah Rose?" "Can I see what your flute looks like?" "Oh, well not right now considering it's put up." "Oh, I forgot...," Rose said embarrassed. "It's ok. Do you know how to play the flute?"

"Not real good but I took some lessons when I was younger. My parents made me take lessons but I ended up liking the flute. It's a peaceful, relaxing instrument when you play certain songs." "Oh? What kind of songs?" "The Song of the Angels, the Song of Mourning. The Song of the Forest is my favorite one. Maybe I can teach you how to play it later." "That sounds really good Rose." "Thank you," Rose blushed. "Are we almost there yet?' "We'll be there in a few minutes Maria." "Can you put on some music please?" "Sure, what kind of music?" "Anything that isn't loud" said Rose. "HEAVY METAL BABY" yelled Jade. "How about some pop rock" suggested Maria. "What about regular rock," said Katniss. "Hmmm. That's a lot of different categories of music," said Violet puzzled as to what to choose out of the suggested types. "How about we forget the music. We're almost there anyway" "Fine," said the other four.