LATHB : Chapter Three

Previously on “Looking after the Harrison Boys”….

I dropped my bag and made sure my shoe laces were tied properly. I smoothed out my dress shirt and tighten the band around my hair. I took a deep breathe in and slowly releasing it out. I nodded at myself and got ready.

Ready… set… GO!

(40 minutes later….)

Okay….

Why the hell am I at the police station?

-------------------------------------------

“For the last time, I was not trespassing their property!“  

I saw movement of a chair swinging around and stop right at my direction so I quickly sat back down on the bench and innocently, pretended to look busy with myself. I could feel a pair of annoyed eyes lay on me, making me feel uncomfortable but I still smoothly played out my pretending act even with the eyes carefully watching my every movement.      

Why are you always getting yourself into trouble?

Once I felt the eyes lay off me, I followed my gut instincts and took the risk to take a glance at the officer. I applauded my instincts as I saw him taking a sip of his coffee, deeply focusing on a piece of paper that was sitting in front of him. I turned my head back around and rested my back on the wall, heaving out a big sigh.

Why was I always getting myself into trouble? Am I trouble magnet or something?

It’s because you’re just plain stupid is why.

I rolled my eyes at the response my mind came up with and blew out another sigh. I then heard faint sounds of someone talking and slid myself down along the bench to the very end and begun ears dropping.   

“So could you explain again on what you saw?”

I moved my eyes from the officer to a black-haired lady who looked like she was in her mid-thirties. She opened her mouth and words started flowing out of it.   

“I was about to head on out to buy some groceries when I saw her squeezing herself into a giant hole of one of the hedges, that was -- from my memory -- not there before.” I flinched back when she suddenly snapped her head to me, briefly staring at me before she turned back to the officer.

I blinked confusingly at her. Is it just me, or does this lady not like me?   

“…So not only did she trespass, but she damaged property too.” The officer clucked his tongue repetitively and shook his head. “Wow young lady, you must be on the roll today because you’ve done two offences in less than one hour.” He said it as if it was the funniest thing he’s ever heard in his life. “Roll,” He repeated the word and began lamely chuckling to himself.   

How lame can this guy get?

“Looks like you’re going to be in here for quite a while.” The officer took a quick glimpse at me with a rather happy look on his face. .

What? Quite a while? What does he mean by that? Does he mean like an hour, a day or two, a week? Or, was he just simply kidding with me about that, because I can’t afford to my waste time here in this cell (a really smelly might I add) to serve for something that wasn’t my fault!

 “Officer,” I said in a rather strange breathless voice and stood up from the bench. Two heads turned their way to me. I opened my mouth and began my pleading request of freedom. “I swear on my life and my next that I was not trespassing! I’ll even swear on my sister’s life!” I said with a hand over my where my heart is. “They -- they knew I was coming over so I can’t technically be –“