Harry Potter and the Strength to Fight by nightflight

Chapter 1

Privet Drive

A fifteen year old raven haired boy named Harry Potter just arrived in his room at number 4 Privet Drive after his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The entire drive home from King's Cross Train Station was quiet and Harry didn't want it any other way because he was reflecting on what happened during his fifth year. Harry took his trunk and dragged it to the base of his bed and started to unpack.

He only pulled out a few pairs of clothes and some of his text books so he can do his homework. Harry decided to keep things packed as much as possible in his trunk just in case something happened and he had to leave in a hurry. When pulling out his books he saw a wrapped towel and took the towel out. The towel was wrapped around the mirror that Sirius, his godfather, gave him during Christmas last year.

When Harry pulled out the mirror his mind started to race. 'I can't believe that I killed Sirius. Why did I have to be so stupid? I should've just listened to Hermione, now look what happened. All my friends got hurt and almost killed. I need Sirius right now.'

He fell asleep on his bed thinking about Sirius. He woke up around dinner time to the sound of Aunt Petunia yelling for him, "Boy get down here now!" Harry got out of bed and dragged himself down the stairs to the kitchen where everybody was already eating. He noticed that Uncle Vernon was looking at him out of the corner of his eye. After Harry finished eating his dinner, Uncle Vernon told him, "Boy, go and wash the dishes. Just because those freaks at the train station tried to intimidate us, it will not work! Stay out of me and my family's sight or I will kick you out of this house!" Harry was thinking, 'I wish that you would kick me out. I don't care anymore. At least maybe if I die than I'll be with my parents and Sirius again.'

Harry responded, "Yes Uncle Vernon." He got up and took care of the dishes than went to his room and sat at his desk. 'I don't want to deal with this right now. I'm just going to do my homework for now. Maybe that'll take my mind off of everything.' Harry was working on his homework all night and managed to finish his Charms and Transfiguration homework before going to sleep.

Once his eyes closed he started to dream. He saw Cedric, Sirius, his dad, and his mom standing on a cloud calling out to him. Sirius was saying, "Come on Harry. Forget about all of those people. They don't care about you. But if you die you can join us. It's pretty easy to kill yourself. We're waiting for you."

Harry walked towards them and said, "I'm sorry Sirius. I'm sorry that it was my fault that killed you. I'm sorry for acting so stupid." Once he started to speak, everything just started spilling out of him and all he did was stand there and cry and continuously apologize for what happed.

"Don't worry about it. If you really are sorry, than come and join me. Join me your mom, and your dad. They've been waiting for you for a long time now."

Harry stood there for awhile not sure what to say but all he could think of was he wanted to be with them. Than all of a sudden, the images of everybody on the cloud disappeared and all he heard was his mother's scream and Sirius falling through the Veil at the Department of Mysteries. He woke up startled unsure of how long he slept. He looked at his clock and it was two o'clock in the morning. He was wide awake now and didn't want to try to go back to sleep. All he could think of now was that Sirius wanted him to die so he could join Sirius and his parents.

Harry walked over to the window and saw the quiet street faintly lit by street lights. He put on his shoes and decided to take a walk. While walking towards the park in the neighborhood, he started to think, 'Was that for real? Did Sirius really want me to die? Maybe it was a trick by Voldemort to get me to kill myself. I knew I forgot to practice my occlumency before I went to bed. I need to do something. I have to finish off this fight."