Chapter 7: Preparing for a Night of Surprise at Work

Chapter Seven:

Cae's POV:

  I looked down to see Aidan licking my arm then walking in the direction leading towards the house. I felt my face heat up. How long have I just been standing here, staring off into space, remembering the innocent kiss on the cheek that to frazzle my brain? Well at least no one was staring at me weirdly.

  I followed after Aidan, who was now 20 paces in front of me. I jogged to catch up with him, and was reaching down to pat his head, when he ducked his head down to avoid my hand. Huh? Is he pouting?

  "Aidan........sweetheart........wolf........Aidan!"

  He still wouldn't respond in any way, not even to look at me. I felt bad. The first pet I have and it rejects me. I know I'm probably overreacting but this is a big deal to me. My nose starts to burn as tears form in my eyes and I have to sniffle to keep them from pouring out.

  Aidan hears me and he finally looks over at me. Now, we were at my doorstep and he continued to watch me hold back my tears before dropping down to the ground, putting his nose in his paws, and whining. Aidan whines until I finally can stop my sniveling and wipe my eyes for any stray tears.

  "I'm sorry. I'm such a dork! Crying because I thought my pet didn't like me? Wow, real mature, huh?" I felt so embarrassed. Then, I felt stupid for feeling embarrassed because there was no one around to see me. I started chuckling at myself for acting so stupid.

  Aidan looked confusedly at me, wondering why in the world would I be laughing. I opened the door to the house and sat on the couch. He started whining and licking my cheek frantically. It tickled so I was laughing again while begging him to stop. When I get tickled I squirm around so now we ended up with me laying down on the couch while trying to lightly push the furry monster off. Aidan was licking me with his elbows ( I think wolves have elbows?) in my hips just tickling me more, and I just squirmed and squirmed trying to escape.

  "Off!.....please!......stop!......it tickles!" I tried to say between laughing fits. But the dang wolf wasn't listening! All of a sudden I felt him stop licking my face and he pushed HIS SNOUT UP MY SHIRT AND STARTED LICKING MY STOMACH! That tickled so bad that laughed until I started crying! "Get off you perverted wolf!" I screamed it with a playful note in my tone, so he could make sure that I wasn't really mad.

  After a milennia ( actually it was more like ten minutes) he got partially off of me and snuggled into my side. He was so big that he took up most of the black, leather couch even with him laying his head and chest on me. I looked at the clock that hung above the fireplace's mantle and my T.V. It was almost 4 so that meant I needed to get up, change my sweaty clothes, and cook dinner for me and Aidan. All of that BEFORE 7:30, which was when I needed to be at work. 

  Miraculously I did get everything done with fifteen minutes to spare. Oh well, it couldn't hurt to be early to work, could it? I was in my bedroom, getting dressed to go to my bartending job. Actually, it isn't just bartending.....but we'll get to that, later. It was really cool, because we chose what we want, with just a few restrictions, of course.

       Restrictions:

1. No inappropriate showing of personal/ indecent body areas. (Moderate cleavage exposure excepted.)

2. Clothes must be easy to maneuver and work in.

3. No showing of any type of undergarments.

  I guess you could hardly differentiate between the restrictions and common decency, but I must admit it does make me feel secure that the boss made those rules. The reasoning for that being some people (not mentioning any names *coughs* Heather *coughs*) not having any shame or decency at all! I mean, really? One night she had to put up with Heather (a waitress that usually has the same shifts as herself) practically giving the guy she had been flirting with while bartending, a strip tease and lap dance! Every single guy that would come up to the bar and flirt with her, would usually end up with Heather by the end of the night.

  It sucked.

  And it hurt, but there was no way I would ever admit that. Ever.

  I hurried on my uniform for the night, which was a flowy, long white tank that had a giant, lime green strip at the bottom and thin strips about the neck and shoulders; black leggings; and lime green rising flats. My hair, that can never make up its mind whether it is red or brown or both, was  drying into its natural and random, big and loose curls and small  and quirky ringlets. I never use much makeup; the utmost usually being eyeliner on the eyelid margins and vanilla chapstick. That's it. Foundation, to me, ruins your skin, clogs your pores, so you have to buy more to cover up the damage it's caused. (A/N:   No offense to anyone, but it's true even if you use the mineral stuff.)

  With a quick wave and explanation to Aidan where I'd be gone off to (even though I knew he wouldn't understand). Followed by a not-so-quick hug and peck on the forehead. I left for work, unprepared for the big night that I had no clue was coming.

  Yeah....it's not much. It's more than nothing, though. :D Hope next upload won't take too long, but I've got other stories that have been being neglected. Comment and vote, please!!