Chapter 1 ~ It's Time

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey people!!! Comment please!!! Give me ideas!!!!

Sincerely,

Aleia :)

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

"Rory," my brother whined in my ear, "wake up!"  Then, I felt a sudden pressure and burst of pain.  He had jumped on me!

"Bloody hell, Nico!"  I shoved him to the floor and gripped my side.  "Ugh!  You know I bruise easily!"  I punched him when he got up and laughed at his pained, "Hey!"

"But come on, Rore," he said, throwing the curtains open.  "Professor Dumbledore wants to see us.  He said it was urgent."

"Then why'd he tell you first?"  I asked, getting up and stretching.

"'Cause I was up," he replied, walking out of my room.

I got dressed and went downstairs, greeted by a new house-elf.  Gordie, I believe was his name. 

"Good morning, Lady Aurore," Gordie said, bowing slightly.

I chuckled.  "Gordie," I said, placing my hand on his shoulder, "I told you to call me Rory.  And you don't have to bow."

He kind of chuckled himself and said, "Yes, ma'am."  He walked off muttering to himself.  I believe I heard, "I will do as she wishes, though it is not polite.  Not polite, oh, not polite..."

Weird, I thought to myself.  Some house-elfs were definitely weird. 

I spun on my heel to see none other than Albus Dumbledore himself.  I smiled as warmly as was possible.  "Good morning, Professor."

"What did I say about calling me Professor?" he asked, a broad grin on his face.

"Not to," I replied, slightly blushing, "Albus."  I walked up and he embraced me. 

Professor Dumbledore was a second father to me and Nico after our father died because of some death eaters.

I smiled a wide smile before  remembering what it was I was down here for.

"What was so urgent, sir?" I inquired.  I lifted an eyebrow, demandingly.  I needed to know what woke me up at 6:30 in the morning.

He told me to sit down, so I grabbed a stool and braced myself for the news.  He called for Nico to come over.  Nico had a worried look in his eyes.  His eyebrows were knitted together.  I knew he had about as much a clue of what was going on as I did.

"You two are way past the point of being able to attend Hogwarts this year.  In fact, Rory," he turned to me, "you could've started five years ago!  And Nico, my boy, you could've started three years ago!  I have taught you children well, but, I think, you need the full experience."

He turned to me again.  "It is up to you, Rory."

Why did it always have to be up to me?  I didn't want to make the decisions for myself AND Nico.  That's why every year I've said no.

But the way Nico looked at me now, was heart-breaking.  I couldn't say no this time.

"I...guess we'll go, then!"

Nico hopped up and down in excitement.  I was ecstatic, too, but I stayed as calm and collected as I could on the outside.

We were going to go to school now.  Really go to school.  With other kids and other teachers and other spells.

This was going to be great!

I hope.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Comment, Vote, and Fan!

I know I'm being very demanding, but please give me ideas!!! I beg of you!!! I mean, I have an idea of what I'm going to do with this story, but I have no clue what I am going to with "Betrayal..."

Have a great rest of your summer and tell people about my stories! 

And thank you guys for voting and telling me what you thought! Also, thanks for fanning!  I'll fan you back eventually!

Sincerely,

A. :)