Dreams do come true- One shot for Marissa

• Dedicated to Marissa

The earliest memory you have of alex burrow's was the day when you had to be eight . It was a hot july afternoon when your mother sent you outside to play with the new kid's that just moved in across the street. At first you were scared because all of your other friends were away at camp and you couldn't go. The new neibor across the street stood in his driveway with a hockey stick and an empty hockey net across from him. He rolled the ball with his stick flicking it at the empty net as you approached. " Hey im alex, wanna play street hockey' he asked flashing a toothy smile. At first you back up a step as he lower's the stick back to the ground. " I'm marissa , i guess since there's no one else to play with me i'll play with you' He goes into his garage grabbing an extra stick. " Thanks i thought i would be the only kid on the block" Handing you the stick he rolled the ball around. " No theres more but there all at camp' You say stealing the ball from him and scoring as he stood there speachless. " We'll thats the first time a girl's made the first goal on me"He said taking the ball out of the net. " Wont be the last" you said stealing it once agin as he chased after you. He gently knocked you down onto the grass .

" I'm sorry sometimes i can get rough" he said helping you back up " let me guess you want to make it to the nhl" you ask him. " It's my dream to play for the canucks" he said showing you his shirt. " I'd love to see the day" You say smirking at him.

Sure enough year's later when you were both eighteen alex got drafted. You were over at his house with his whole family trying to pick out a outfit for him to wear. He was out celebrating with friends the night before so he was still passed out. The draft wasnt for another three day's. But every minute was important to the burrow's and mostly to alex. His mother was

deciding on his tie when he came stumbling into the room his hair a total mess. " Morning guys' he mumbled as he went into the kitchen that was to the right of everyone. " hey alex" his mom says showing him the outfit " naww not that color tie mom it has to be blue " he said munching away on ceral. " Why blue " you asked walking into the kitchen to grab some water. " Because marissa it;s your favorite color' He said whiping milk off of his chin. " Aww you rembered' you said smiling at him. " How could i forget' he said rinsing the bowl out placing it in the dish washer. " Ma what do we have to do today" he asked his mom as she was trying to find a blue tie. " Nothing right now, go play' she said watching as he took off upstair's. " I'll meet you down at the park in twenty' you said . " Ya sure" he hollered back.

You sit on the bench as you wait for him to show up as you roll the ball around on the end of your stick. Just then a blurr run's up stealing the ball from you. Instantly you get up

chasing after the blurr you find out that its alex. He scores tossing his hands up high in the air

" Ha, look who scored first' he said sticking out his tounge. You freeze in your tracks looking at him for a moment before going after him dropping your stick. " Lucky nuckle head' you say pushing him to the ground. He falls into the tall grass as you sit on top of him once agin he sticks out his tounge as you lean down to smack him he grabs your wrist. Stopping you from hitting him

as he gently pulls you towards him. His lips are soft at first but then he turn;s into a beast spreading your leg's around his waist. He shifts you so your on your back as he yank's off his

shirt. You turn into jello in his arms. He frezzes " marissa im so sorry' he said getting up. Before you know it he's gone. You decide to let him go knowing days later you would be with him agin.

Sure enough day's later your getting dressed to go to the NHL draft as someone knock's on your door. Leaving your hair down for a moment you answer it to see alex's mom standing there. " Have you seen him " she asked getting nervious. " Not since monday" you say going back to your mirror deciding on how to wear your hair. " This is not good' she said running her hands throught her hair. " I'll go look for him' you say putting your hair up in a pony tail. " we have tried, he's no where' she said walking over to you undoing your pony tail grabbing your curler.