Chapter 1 Friend Mishaps

"Come on Lucy, it's been what 5 months since your last relationship."

"I know, but this one really hurt." I pout, sipping my chai latte across from my best friend, Elizabeth.

"Oh for Gawd sakes you never even met the boy, what was this ones name anyway?"

"Cody, like I've told you for the millionth time now and it doesn't matter! I thought we had a connection, your making me sound like a whöre." I whine.

"You can't make a definite connection with someone you've never met, and only a Internet whöre. "She says nonchalantly.

"You just don't understand, you've never been in a long distance relationship. " I huff.

"No because, as you know I've had the same boyfriend since the sixth grade now, and we are happily engaged."

"But your only 21." Isn't that a little young to be getting married, soulmate or not.

"And your only 20, aren't your a little old to be dating guys on the Internet. Come on Lucy your in collage you need to mingle with some of those cute collage boys. " She wiggles her perfect eyebrows at me. "Plus those internet guys can be creeps and fakes."

"Ugh.. No thanks." I groan. "Not all of them are that bad.." I lie, but even I knew how bad some guys on the Internet could be.

"Why not! Some of them are super Hot ."

"Hot and major dïcks, I haven't met one cute guy on campus who wasn't a major äss."

"Hey watch your mouth." She slaps my hand. "And have you even really looked all you do is lock your self in your dorm and browse the web all day. "

I glare at her " I go out.."

"When?" To get food?" That doesn't count. " She glares back.

I ignore her comment. "My birthdays in a few weeks anyway, then we'll both be twenty-one. "

"Exactly why you need to go find your self a guy." She says wiggling her eyebrows at me again.

I roll my eyes "Who needs friends when you have the Internet."

"Hey now! Best friend since forever sitting here! This is exactly what I mean I bet you can't even go a week, even a day with out Internet."

I huff " I can to."

"Then do it." She challenges.

"Maybe a will." I glare over my coffee mug.

"Why not do it then."

"Okay fine lets do it, say I win.. What do I get?" I ask curiously.

"I'll leave you alone, won't bring up your.. Dating ways. I won't pester you anymore about dating either, let you figure things out your ways." She says. "I'll always take you for a girls day and we can do whatever you want, and I will buy you whatever you want. "

"And if you win?"I ask intrigued.

"You have to go on a blind date that I pick.. And I get to pick out your bridesmaids dress.. I'm thinking yellow? I'm sure you'll look great in that." She chuckles.

"Oh your on." I say handing her my cellphone, giving her hand a little shake.

"I'm spending the night tonight, I hope you realize that I don't trust you telling me the truth, I know all about your secret laptop."

"Fine." I roll my eyes, grabbing my bag. "Let's go then."

***2 hours later***