Chapter Six

Ray -

I wandered around the halls looking back and forth, looking for room 226. Where can this class be? After about thirty minutes of searching, I finally spotted it and peek my head in the window. I saw a tall, white, bald head, a fat-ish man with a medium size beard, writing something on the board.

I knocked on the door, waiting to be greeted into the classroom. The heavy door opened slightly, I cleaned the tip of my shoe before walking in. I look up to be faced with Jacob. Great, just perfect, now I have a class with him. He stared at me blankly, moving out the way, so I could go through. I walked passed him and he whispered in my ear, "Did you crash my car?"

"No, your mystery machine is okay." I dropped his keys in the palm of his hands. I looked around for an empty seat in the class, to then be interrupted by the teacher, "You must be Ray." The bald man said.

"Yeah."

"You're late."

"Yeah, I know, but I'm here now." I walked to the seat in the back of the room until the teacher stopped me. "Since you're late, you don't get to pick your seat, sit there." He pointed to the chair next to Jacob's.

"No." He raised his eyebrow and pointed to the seat next to Jacob once again. I looked at him and sighed, walking towards him. I've noticed something about him every time I look at him his eyes get wide, his back straightens up, and he gets scared. I grabbed the chair, pulling it out from under the table and sat down next to Jacob. "Why are you so late anyway?"

"Don't worry about it."

"Uh uh, unacceptable Ray, it's your first day, you were thirty minutes late, now you're talking while I'm teaching."

"And...?"

"Ray what are you doing? Listen to Mr. Nay."

"Disrupt the class and disrespect me again, you'll be sent to ISS."

"Whatever," I say, crossing my arms. I was a bad student in my last school and I can be a bad one at this school too. "Ray chill." He placed his hand on my shoulder, "Don't tell me what to do." I violently shrugged his hand off. "Okay now since everyone is finally here and behaving, here's today's assignment." He passed out a big packet of papers.

When he got to me and Jacob's table he plopped my packet on the desk and lightly handed Jacob his. Well, I sure made a bad first impression, he probably won't cut me any slack now. I stared at the question 'what is a mycologist?  Hmm a science person, yeah that's it. I turned to Jacob and he's already on the last page of the difficult packet.

"How you..?-"

"I'm really smart.." He cut me off saying, "You need help?" I'm not going to let another guy help me when I can get a cute girl in here to help me. I search around the classroom. Well, I'll find a cute girl in another class to help me.

"So do you want help?"

"No, I got this."

"Okay, If you need anything just ask." He put his head down, lightly brushing the packet towards me.

I jot down the answers on the first page then waited for the teacher to turn his head, so I could flip the page. I grabbed Jacob's paper, flipping the page and copying the back side of the front paper. I glanced up seeing the teacher, Mr. Nay staring at me with cat eyes. Not even blinking. This man has problems or at least a creepy teacher crush on me.

I flipped to the next page of the packet. Mr. Nay cleared his throat pulling his pants up to his thighs then got up walking towards me. I could hear his heavy feet hit the polished square floor tiles, coming closer to me. He stood by me, lifting himself up by the balls of his feet then clearing his throat again. I slowly turn my head looking up at him, smiling innocently.

"Hi..."

"Are you copying Mr. Perez's paper?"

"Umm, no just comparing answers." He grabbed my paper and looked at Jacob's "There the exact same answers,"

"Yup, aren't we geniuses?"

"Copying isn't allowed in my class," he ripped my paper letting the pieces fall to the floor. "No! I worked hard copying down those answers!"

"Jacob." He said. "Yeah," he lifted up his head. "Were you aware that Ray was copying you?"

"Uhhh.." He eyed my ripped assignment on the ground. "Um, who's Ray?"

"The young man sitting next to you."

"Oh, nice to meet you, I'm Jacob." He stretched his arm out to me. I looked at him blankly. He shrugged his shoulders looking back at Mr. Nay. "So you didn't know?"

"Know what?"

"That Ray was copying you."

"I um, don't know how to answer that, sir."

"If you let him copy then I'm going to rip your assignment as well, now stop being weird and answer my question dammit!"

"...did you get a haircut, Mr. Nay?" What is he doing? He sighed and began speaking to Princeton once more. "Jacob Perez, tell me, did you let him."

"Okay, um I have ADHD, I need to go to the hospital and get my ears checked because my dog got hit by a bike and had a heart attack, I miss Pookie." The whole class started laughing. He snatched his paper out of Mr.Nays hand gripping it tightly. "Mine," He growled.

"I think you need therapy Jacob," and with that, he walked away. He started breathing hard, holding his chest. He laid the packet back on the desk and went back to the "normal" him.

"Haha what was that?" I asked him. "I care so much about my grades, I can't afford a bad grade and I didn't want to get you in more trouble."

"Haa, why you say all that stuff about your dog."

"Oh, I tend to say random stuff when I get nervous." I nod my head and the bell rang. "Hey um we should walk together?" Why the hell would I walk with him, I have to see him every day in the morning and at night. I'm also still shaken up from this morning.

"No."

"But, we could-"

"Bye." I walked off, taking my schedule out my pocket, my next class is math. I hope Jacob doesn't show up, I would hate to have another class with him. I stook my head in my next class looking back and forth. I heard some giggles behind me. I turned around to see some alright girls standing there horsing away.

"What's so funny?" One of the girls stepped up to me "You're just so sexy." She traced her finger along my collarbone smirking at me. I bit my lip. She's an alright girl. Her body isn't all curve's, but she'll do as of right now, then it's on to her friend the blonde. "Why don't we skip class?" I grabbed her hand. She looked back at her friends, she seemed a little timid about my offer, but she nodded her head anxiously.

We trod away from the door of the classroom and she leads me to the back stairs. "No one ever uses these stairs, everyone thinks their haunted, we won't get caught." I grasp her waist, snatching her shirt off, pinning her against the bleached gray brick wall. I kissed her neck down to the breast....

-

Jacob -

The bell rung for the third period to end. I grabbed my bag heading for the door. I turned around the corner of the hallway, heading to the back stairs. It's the fastest way to the cafeteria...