The Essential Bride (10)

I had to keep reminding myself that this was a good idea. I had to keep reminding myself that he was probably watching me from a far because he's a psycho and thinks he owns me. I had to keep reminding myself that being in a club at the age of eighteen was normal when everyone in here was supposed to be at least twenty-one, and I had to pretend like the touch of other people didn't bother me.

Stephanie and I had made a day of this night. We had gone shopping for five hours straight, when Stephanie knew shopping for longer than an hour would drive me legally insane, and had lunch too. I tried to pay for everything as well, to try and blow his money on useless things but Stephanie was having no part in it.

For the first time in a month I had checked my bank and wanted to cry. For the past four weeks Leon had been secretly transferring five thousand dollars into my bank account, the bank tellers had said that there was nothing they could do, but I knew it was just Leon messing with their minds. He had called it Thought Reform, that was how he could make people do anything he wanted; it made me want to punch everyone.

Now we were in the club, surrounded by strangers. This was supposed to be revenge, this was supposed to piss Leon off, but more than anything it was just pissing me off. This kind of surrounding wasn't for me, I got enough of it at work, but Stephanie didn't know that so I couldn't complain. I watched as men hit on gorgeous girls who had no interest in them, and would continually roll my eyes at them. 

Stephanie and I sat at the bar, the music was overly loud and the bright multicolored lights were staining our pale skin. I had my legs tightly crossed, trying to ignore the fact I was wearing a shirt as a dress. It was bright red, and clung to my body. It  was an overpriced tank top made of cotton stretched over my a** and Stephanie was wearing something similar, only strapless and black.

Without prompting, two margaritas were placed in front of us and the bartender tipped his head to these two men who were smiling slyly at Stephanie and I. We smiled back, grabbing our drinks, Stephanie took a sip but I just stared at it. I had always been told not to accept drinks from people you didn't know, especially ones you didn't see prepared.

"Free is free." Stephanie insisted to me, noticing my hesitance. I looked at her for a moment, debating if I should explain the risk of the drinks being drugged, which may seem far fetched, but what if? Or how these guys may expect something from us, not knowing that Stephanie pretty much has boyfriend, and I have no interest... then it dawned on me, screw Leon. I'm sure he was watching me, I'm sure this would piss him off, what do I have to lose?

"You're totally right," I smiled, taking a big gulp.

One of the guys looked almost twenty-five, overly confident in his light jeans and black button up shirt that was showing some chest. He looked muscular, his shoulders whide, his eyes boring into Stephanie's. I was glad he was looking at her not me, he had a buzz cut, his platinum blonde hair changing colors with the lights in the club unnerved me.

His friend looked a year younger than him, with brown spiky hair, and a friendlier smile. He was wearing black dress pants and a tight red t shirt that showed the medium build he had.

They started to make the walk over to us, and I could hear Stephanie make a quiet squeal in her throat.

"Hello ladies." The blonde said, taking Stephanie's hand. "I hope you don't mind if I borrow your friend." Before I could answer though he was whisking her away onto the dance floor. Any other time I might have stopped that from happening, but Stephanie looked pleased. I wondered then if Patrick knew if we were out tonight, not that it was my problem.     

"He always seems to have all the moves." He man with spiky brown hair pointed out, sitting down where Stephanie just was. "Kind of puts me to shame, I'm Zackary by the way." Zackary smiled at me while giving me his hand. I took it nervously and tried to match his smile. Zachary was oddly beautiful though, you couldn't tell from far away but he was breathtaking. He had blue eyes, his hair falling in just the right placement, and for one second he reminded me of Leon.