one

THE FACECLAIM FOR MACY IS PORTRAYED BY ALINA KOVALENKO. WARNING: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

                             ✿5 years later

5 years later...

I had only known one person before what happened who had died. It was a girl who I went to school with in third grade.

She was very happy and peppy. She would brighten your day by just talking. Many people would be mean to her, try to bring her down.

  She always got back up. She moved schools during the next school year. I lost touch with her. We weren't extremely close, but I thought well of her.

Death feels like a big weight of reality crashing down on your shoulders. You see people waiting for you're reaction. You can't breathe.

It's that feeling you get when you go underwater and hold you're breath. The feeling in your throat that you get that makes you go back up for air.

Except, you can't go back up for air. You're stuck with that feeling for a very long time and you have to just keep swimming deeper and deeper, while everyone at the shore while you're trying not to die.

They yell over that you just have to swim back up, when they've never even been in the water before. They don't know the feeling.

You see them on the news and you think to yourself about words and memories you've shared.

Regis closed and I lost touch with everyone. You can't blame us, we all went to different schools and tried our bests to heal.

   From then on, school was my main priority. I wanted to get in a good college and get the best in life I could. I went to Emory University and got a bachelor's degree.

  My choice to focus only on school really affected my social life. I have no close friends anymore, because I always was too busy with school.

I grabbed my bag and headed out to the coffee shop around the street corner.

  I opened the door and was greeted by the cashier. I gave a small smile and say down at a table.

  "The usual?" asked the cashier. I nodded.

  I come here a lot, since my house is nearby. So, I'm a regular customer.

                                ✿

I grabbed my to-go cup of smoothie, (I hate coffee, so I always get smoothies) and went to leave.

  I wasn't really paying attention and felt a huge force knock me down.

"What the fuck?!" I said standing up and gasped when I looked up.

    "Macy?"