Chapter 2

"I swear mom it's not mine! I found her on my doorstep!"it has been a week since I found Camerri on my doorstep. I had already bought a stroller and formula and to say I was tired was an understatement.

Balancing school and a baby was hard. And now my father and mother won't believe me they think I've shamed my family and now they are making a scene and the worst part is half of my family is here.

"Valentina tell the truth!" My father bellowed everyone had stopped talking to listen to us, my uncles and aunts and cousins with shock lining their expressions.

"I am!" I pleaded, the bassinet was hurting my arm and I am extremely tired I just want some sleep and support.

"Get out! I won't have a liar in my home! Get out!" I shuddered at his yells as my mother tried to reason with him. I wouldn't have it so I did what was best and I left getting back into my car with my baby and leaving.

If they wouldn't believe me, then I am forced to leave what I once called home. And for the first time In a long time, I cried.

2 years later...

"I wan candyyyy"
"Okay okay kiss first" my daughter bent down and planted a small slobbery kiss on my cheek. I smiled before handing her a lolly pop.

It was 5 pm and I had just come from work to pick up my 2 year old daughter camerri.

College had gone by and I worked my way into working for a huge radio station company, I have a steady apartment and life is good for now.

"Mommy angwie took my crayown twoday so I bwit her and I got time out" she said I gasped inside smiling at how cute she is. For a 2 year old she talks a lot.

"We shouldn't bite people sweety" I told her why it was rude and why she has to be nice.

When we arrived home I made dinner and then helped camerri get to bed. Tomorrow is Saturday and I don't have work Saturdays and Sunday's so I've decided the park would be fun for camerri.

As I lay in bed in my room my thoughts went to cam and my family and if they knew her they would absolutely love her. She has wavy dark hair whilst I have curly but we do somehow look alike because of how much time we spent together.

My life is good and if I had to do it again I would have still picked that little girl up off of my door step.