Horror House

The sound of hammering rain falls down on the house of Ashley Picket. She's a young girl at the age of 23. She's an average built girl with long straight light brown hair and hazel eyes. She lives in a house on Parkwood Avenue in Ypsilanti, Michigan. She works as a waitress in a little diner called Big Sky Diner out on Ecorse Road. Her boyfriend, Mark Fischbach moved in with her from Cincinnati. He's also average built with black hair and brown eyes. He is a well-known YouTuber, who plays all kinds of different games and uploads them for viewing pleasure. He is also an upcoming novelist working on his sixth book as another hobby.. He already has a good amount of fans buying his books and going to his signings. Ashley is watching horror movies while Mark is out picking up dinner for them. A lightning strike lights up the whole living room for a split second and the house shakes by the sound of roaring thunder afterwards. The screen door outside pounds on the house. Ashley hears the doorknob turn and then silence. She turns around and watches the door. The doorknob turns again and the door opens. Ashely stands up by the couch and watches the door open. A dark figure stumbles in and then closes the door. The lights flip on and the figure comes out as Mark. He's soaked to the bone, worn out, and muddy.

"Mark, you gave me a start." Ashley said as she walked across to the front door. "What happened to you?"

"Well, first I got soaked by the rain. Then when I got the food in the car, the car blew a tire and I had to change that but when I got the tire out of the trunk, I lost my footing and slid down a ditch with the tire rolling behind me and it landed on my back. When I got up, I had to roll the tire back up the ditch side and of course slipped a couple times again. Finally, I was able to change the tire and drive off and that's why I'm soaked and covered in mud."

"Oh, you give me the food and go wash yourself." She said as she reached for the food. Mark walks through the living room to the bathroom. Ashley opens the bags and boxes of food and starts pulling plates and silverware from the cabinets and drawers. Mark comes back from the bathroom in a black t-shirt and sweats. He's followed by their golden retriever, Buck. Ashley has the boxes open and ready to eat on the table. Mark starts piling the food on the plate.

"Do you know where Buck was" said Mark as he continued to pile the food on his plate.Ashley looked at him from the food. "Lying in the tub." He continued.

"Oh yeah, that's his new sleeping place apparently." She replied.

The next day, Ashley and Mark take Buck to a local park to meet with Carla Hastings and Robert Tucker with their chocolate Labrador, Rosie. Mark parks their blue Trailblazer next to their red 2013 Chevy Camero. Mark and Ashley get out. Ashley opens the back right door and lets Buck out. He jumps out and Ashley grabs his blue leash, her hand burning from the leash sliding across. She walks Buck to the grass. Buck starts pulling hard on the leash whe he sees Rosie. Rosie stands up and wags her tail rapidly. She whines and paces as Buck and Ashley get closer. Carla lets her off the leash and Ashley does the same with Buck. The two dogs run playfully out towards the field. Ashley takes a seat on the picnic table in front of Carla and Robert. Carla is an average sized girl, the same as Ashley. She and Ashley have known each other since they were little kids. They have gone to school together and are close enough to call themselves sisters. Carla works at a humane society in the veterinary field.

Robert is an average sized guy and in good shape. He and Mark have also known each other for a while, about seven years. Robert works at a movie theatre a couple minutes from the park. Mark soon comes through the grass to join them.

"Hey guys," Carla said as Mark took his seat by Ashley. "what's been going on?"

"Alright I guess." Ashley replied. "My work's been the same every day and Mark hasn't written a book in a while just playin those games." Mark turns to her and gives her a shocked look.