Chapter One: Midnight High

Open to opinions and what not. please do not forget to vote if you are enjoying it!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cool air did nothing to calm my heated body as I stood watch over mountain range. My eyes going over the land once and then twice. Where is he?

A single howl cut through the cold midnight air, the familiar howl made the fur on my back rise with worry and fear. *Where are you?...* Wishing our mind linked work, I still didn't under stand how it managed to be broken.
When the second howl broke through the forest's unusual silence, the air seemed to go thinner, my mate was near but I still couldnt hear his steps. My ears perked up, straining to hear any kind of noise around me; any sign of another.

"Well. Well..."

I jumped, wipping my body around to face the voice behind me. My eyes went wide with shock though, the face before me didnt make sense. There was no way...
"Charlie?"

He laughed, his eyes dark as he stepped closer to me, his eyes scanning my form. "No. Charlie? Your brother isn't real... I am the monster thats been following you all your life. Your so called brother. Ive wanted your before you were born, your current state changes nothing," he growled, finally two feet infront of me. "You've run from me long enough."

^*****^ Ten years before.

The third period bell rang, killing the thrill of our fifteen minute nutrition my friends and I all are enjoying. With a groan everyone said their goodbyes as they slowly made their way out of the lunch area or school field. With it being the first day of school, no one rushed to class. Midnight High held about two thousand students, with three floors, an indoor pool and a seprate building in construction, meant to be our new library, two floors!! 

The lovely Midnight High School had a bit of history, fires... Shootings? mostly outside campus thankfully but still tragic and costly... Most of my family tree attended this school, both of my brothers attend Midnight High. My brother Charlie was a senior and Anthony was a year behind him. Leaving me behind Anthony, yes we are all a year apart. My mom and dad wanted to have a lot of babies.

Even though my brothers were older than me we shared some classes together. I was a smart cookie, I had AP classes so I think that validates it. It was fun to me thought and I think its worth it in the end after high school when I go to College. I also felt that the intelligence made me older and more capable than the rest.

Anyway, today all the odd classes were on. Meaning I was going to see my 1st, 3rd and 6th period classes. Classes were 45 minutes long, it seems a little much but the teacher liked having the extra time with their students. Thank god my last periods were always electives, if I didn't swim after the end of the day, I wasn't happy.

I wandered the hallways looking for my classes, it wasn't uncommon for students to get lost, the first two weeks of school are always like this. Students knocking on the wrong door, completely lost or in the the main office asking for a map. Teachers knew this so they weren't mad at students when they showed up a few minutes late. It really didn't matter who you were, you were going to get lost here.

"Hey Kitty." 

Looking up I spotted my eldest sibling walking up to me. This isn't important but my brother looks nothing like my parents or myself and Anthony. My father swears he looks like my grandfather, but I've never met him so I don't have a mental image to compare it to. My brother Charlie was tall and slender, he reminded me of a cat but muscular. And no matter what was going around us, he is always smiling. His pearly white smile went along with his green eyes and muddy brown brown hair. Charlie's looks made him popular with the girls, he even won Most attractive in the school year book last year and he was a junior.