chapter 2 the train ride

Dear Diary,

We arrived at the train station. I already knew where to go. My parents had to run to keep up with me. I was so excited to finally go to Hogwart's. I've dreamed of it ever since i found out i was a witch. We made it to the wall. Right as i was about to go through the portal she said, "Make sure you don't get in trouble this year."

"So i can get in trouble next year?" i asked meaning to be a smart allec.

"Hahaha," my mom laughed sarcasticly, "maybe next year. Now hurry up, dear." Then we charged into the wall.

A short while later on the train (add batman music) i met a girl named Luna Lovegood. We had a deep conversation about garden gnomes. I think she's pretty and funny. I was just about to make a very important point when a girl slid open the door to our cabin.

"Excuse me, is it okay if i sit in here? All the other cars are taken. If i'm interupting you can tell me to leave. See sometimes i barge in without knowing. So if you don't want me here i can-" she rambled. I had to cut her off because i was afraid she'd talk for the rest of the ride.

"It's fine. You can sit next to Luna. My name is Alizabeth with an A. What's your name?"

"Rebecca," she said quietly. "Thanks for letting me stay here."

"No problem," i said. "Hey Luna, do you have any chocolate frogs?"

She shook her head. "Sorry Lizzy. Maybe you can buy some when the trolley comes around." I looked at Rebecca. She had this confused look on her face.

"What?" i asked.

"What's a chocolate frog?" she asked. Luna and i looked at eachother and started to giggle. "What's so funny?"

"Oi Luna, i think she's serious," i managed to say. After i started to breathe again i explained to Rebecca what a chocolate frog was. She still looked confused, but at least she knew what they were now. Then we heard the trolley witch coming. "You guys want anything? I'm only gong once," i asked the girls.

"Can you get me some Droobles?" Luna asked.

"Sure, what about you, Rebecca?" She looked around thinking of something to say. "How about i get you some jelly beans. Is that okay?" She nodded, so i left to go get us some snacks. I was walking towards the trolley when i looked over and some guy was staring at me. "What are you looking at?" i demanded. He just turned and said nothing.

After i got the girls and i our candies i opened the door and Rebecca and Luna were talking about gnomes.

"So lawn gnomes are really alive?" Rebecca asked surprised.

"Yep. It's all right here in the Quibbler. Would you like to read it?" Luna told her as she handed Rebecca a Quibbler.

"Sorry to interrupt, but  i'm back." i annouced as i sat down beside Luna. I handed Rebecca her jelly beans. I watched her open the box pick one out and put it in her mouth. After a few seconds she immediatly spat it back out and onto the floor.

"What is that?!" she exclaimed.

"Jelly beans," i said as i popped one into my own mouth. "Yuck," i thought to myself. "Earwax again."

"These aren't jelly beans!" she yelled.

"Yes they are. They're every flavor jelly beans. Here eat this one," i picked out a green one. She reluctantly ate it. Then she relaxed.

"Mmm, watermelon." I smiled.

"Anyway Lizzy, what took you so long?" Luna asked me.

"Oh nothing, Just some guy was looking at me. He was blonde and wearing a Slytherin robe."

"Wait, were there two other guys in there with him? Two really ugly looking guys? And a girl?"

"Yeah," i responded confused. "How did you know?"

"Oh my," she gasped.

"What?"

"That was Draco Malfoy. Don't talk to him. He's not a nice person."

"Whatever you say Lulu," i promised. But  i secretly remembered how cute he was. Well we're almost at Hogwart's. I can't wait!