Chapter 4

"Jasper! Give me my bra back!" (name) shouted angrily, a large blush on her face. Jasper laughed, lifting the garment high above her head so (name) had no chance of grabbing it

"I just wanna know what it is! Why can't you tell me?" (name) puffed her cheeks out, kicking the gem in the shin. dropping the bra Jasper hissed in pain

"why do you keep doing that?" she muttered as she watched (name) lock the door to the bathroom to get changed.

Jasper had been staying with (name) for 3 weeks now. 3 rather annoying, sarcasm filled weeks. The gem had made it apparent that she wouldn't leave without Peridot. She'd get punished by Yellow Diamond if she didn't but she could care less about Lapis. Jasper had managed to venture outside onto the beach multiple times (without being attacked by seagulls of course). Her and (name) would sit on the sand, talking about anything they could think of.

Jasper taught the human more about herself and gems. That unless they had major injuries, they would most likely live forever. (name)'s shoulders slumped at this, saying that she would probably be dead in around 80 years. Jasper's stomach dropped at the sound of this but shook it off, ruffling the human's hair and reassuring her that it wasn't a bad thing but on the inside Jasper wasn't pleased at all.

She had grown fond of the small human. Her laugh, her smile, her confidence.

'get yourself together' Jasper scolded herself.

"you're a general, you can't have feelings for a human' but alas, she still found herself staring at (name) when she was engrossed in a book or her laptop. The way she frowned when she was thinking or when she she shouted at the gem for messing up her house again.

Jasper knew this wouldn't end well but she chose to ignore it for now. Homeoworld hadn't sent for her so she suspected that they hadn't worked out they were missing. She would wait and see how things played out.

(name) sneezed for the fifth time as she threw her jumper over her head. She was ill, she knew it from the moment she woke up this morning but she still had to work. The amount of food Jasper ate was unbelievable. She'd got a small promotion last week though, earning a little more than what she usually did but it was helpful. Brushing her hair into a bun and brushing her teeth sheou left her room, grabbing her bag from the living room and looking at Jasper who was lifting the fucking sofa again.

"don't break anything whilst i'm gone" (name) said, coughing as she locked the door. Jasper frowned, was that normal to make strange noises from your throat? she'd never seen (name) do it before. Shrugging it off as some human thing she went back to the book she was reading.

It wasn't long before (name) returned actually. A lot earlier than usual according to Jasper. Opening the door and stumbling in she rubbed her pounding head and went straight to her bedroom, not even speaking Jasper. She felt horrible, like her head was splitting open.

The gem stared at the human, obviously confused at her behavior. Usually she was so happy! Or pissed off at her...But today she seemed totally different. Getting up from the sofa she shuffled to (name)'s room, opening the door. Everything was dark in there, the curtains were tightly shut and ever light was switched off. A shaking figure was underneath the blankets. Jasper waddled over, shaking the human by the shoulder

"(name) what are we gonna have to eat? I want steak like we had last week" The only answer she got was a groan and the middle finger. Lips curling into a pout she used her hand to try to pull the blanket back. Only to have it yanked back quickly.

"why are you so pissed off?" Jasper snapped, pulling at the blanket again

"I didn't even break anything today!" (name) sat up quickly, looking slightly disorientated for a second but soon came to her senses.

"I'm sick Jasper! I have a headache and i'm freezing so just leave me alone" she hissed, hiding under the covers. Jasper looked down at the human, surprised. (name) had told her about illnesses over eating breakfast, explaining that its when their bodies aren't working properly which makes them feel bad. At least that's what she told her. It took a while to get her head around it but she compared it to a cracked gem in the end. Leaving the room (name) sighed in relief. Finally she could get some sleep and try to get better. She laid there with her eyes closed for a couple of minutes.

She almost fell asleep until she heard Jasper crashing oh so gracefully into the room. "Jasper I swear to fucking god I'm not-" She stopped herself when she saw that Jasper had a mug of what seemed to be hot chocolate in her hand

"I thought...since you were cold you should drink something warm right?" Jasper looked nervous, like she didn't want to do anything wrong. (name) smiled at her, sitting up she took the drink from the gem and sipped a small bit. It was nice, considering Jasper make it but why was it so sweet? Looking to her large friend she whispered out hoarsely

"...Jasper did you put Syrup in this?" The gem blushed, looking away from the human

"It's nice alright?" (name) began to laugh but it was soon replaced with a loud cough, placing the drink on the side she laid down

"I'm going to try to sleep now, thank you Jasper" (name) said softly, closing her eyes but it was clear to see that she was not comfortable. She was still shivering for God's sake. Jasper thought for a moment, what had (name) said about heat? oh yeah! Close contact with one another can cause the two to warm up. Without warning Jasper went to the other side of the bed, crawling under the covers. (Name) gasped, turning to look at her

"Jasper what are you-" The gem shushed her, wrapping her strong arms around the human

"You said body contact warms you up" She said simply. (name) couldn't help the blush rising to her cheeks as she was drawn closer to the gem. Closing her eyes once more she found it much easier to get to sleep, she felt safer maybe? She didn't know. Jasper couldn't help but smile at her now peaceful face and soon drifted off to sleep herself.

Looking back Jasper groaned, was she dreaming again? (name) had explained the process of dreaming to Jasper the morning after experiencing one of the beach. However this one was different. She was running, behind her she could see the crystal gems chasing her up a small cliff.

Below she could see (name)'s house and the sea up ahead. In her arms was (name) herself, gripping onto her for dear life and her face pale as snow. Jasper got to the top of the cliff, placing (name) down on the floor she kept stepping back from the gems. Lapis was there too. Manipulating the water into small weapons.

"Jasper what do we do?!" (name) cried, her hands shaking. Jasper threw her arm protectively round the human.

"It's okay (name), its fine!" As the very words came from her mouth Lapis sent the water shooting at them. Jasper blocked her face from the water but felt nothing, instead she heard the shout and gasps of shock coming from the gems. Lapis had knocked (name) back off the cliff. Jasper turned round quickly as possible, running to the edge to grab her but it was too late. Their fingers brushed each other before (name) went plummeting down to the rocky bottom.

"(NAME)!"

Jasper sat up with a gasp, looking round wildly she saw that she was back in (name)'s room. Looking down she saw (name) sleeping peacefully, her arms wrapped round the gem. Jasper sighed in relief.

She knew dreams where normal but these were to vivid and clear she couldn't stop thinking about them. Slowly laying back down she wrapped her arms tighter and in a more protective way then before. (name) smiled in her sleep, cuddling closer to the gem which made her blush. Reaching to stroke her hair Jasper too smiled.

She wouldn't let anything hurt her human.

She would protect her.