30.

Chapter 30

During the night I found I couldn't sleep. I didn't know what it was, but I was on edge, cranky and way too tired.

It sucked to be so tired that you couldn't fall asleep.

I had only slept for an hour, but even when I woke up I still didn't feel the heaviness of Xavier's arms around my body, and maybe that was what was keeping me up.

I turned around until I was laying on my back. I sighed, and moved my head until I was staring at Xavier's back. Was he asleep? I didn't know. Or was he awake, thinking, wanting to hold me too?

I whipped back the covers, feeling the cold nip at my skin and I got out of bed. I stepped onto the floor and walked out of the bedroom, making my way downstairs.

As soon as I got to the kitchen, I opened the fridge door. I guess stress really did make me hungry, if you can even call this stress? I didn't know, all I knew was that I was full of anxiety and worry.

I didn't know what happened with Xavier last night, what made him so cold and abrupt. He wasn't usually one to show his feelings, so something or someone must have upset him.

I closed the door as soon as I had grabbed a snack. I leaned against the door frame as I ate it, not caring about the noise I was making with the packet. I was too busy in my own day dream to even realise.

With a huff, I threw the packet into the bin.

I didn't know whether to stay down here or go back upstairs, I just knew as soon as I lay back into bed my eyes will be wide open.

God, it's so hard to sleep like this.

My mind was playing over time, I hated not knowing, I hated the fact he was upset and he didn't give me the slightest chance to help him. I wanted to help him. I wanted to be there for him.

With another huff, I made my way back upstairs.

As soon as I got into the room, I knew something wasn't right. The blanket on the bed was now on the floor, and Xavier was gone.

Fuck, where could he have gone? I ran to the bathroom, thinking he could have been in there.

He wasn't, and his phone was laying on the bed next to mine.

I ran back down stairs to see if he was in the kitchen, even though I had just been from there.

He wasn't there either.

Usually, I wouldn't worry where Xavier was, but we argued, we left things on a low note and Xavier wasn't exactly in the most stable of moods.

I then decided to check the front window, to see if his car was still on the driveway of the house. As I looked through the crystal clean glass, I realised the car was gone.  I rubbed the glass, was I seeing right?

The car was still gone.

Had he left me? Did he leave because he had had enough of me? Where was he and why did he go? He didn't even bother to tell me.

Without another thought, I grabbed my step fathers car keys, which were in a bowl at the front of the house.

I mean, I'm not one for theft but I couldn't really stay inside waiting for Xavier, pent up with anxiety and watching the windows for the next few hours.