Chapter 1 "Rejected" Edited (✔️)

Zoe's POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP!!

I woke up to the most annoying sound ever. I opened my eyes and see that its my stupid alarm. Well i guess it's time to get the hell up before I get an ass whooping.
As I slowly get up I start to wince in pain. It hurt so much but it was nothing new either.

After finally sitting up through the pain, I lifted up my shirt and looked at all the bruises they gave me. By 'they', I mean my parents and pack mates. They have been abusing me for as long as I've known. I may be exaggerating a little bit but it's mostly true. The reason they started abusing me is because I'm not strong like them and I'm a disgrace to my family.

My parents are the beta's of the pack, not only by strength but also by blood. Unlike me, I have no beta blood in me at all. I can't even show it in strength because I can't/didn't shift yet even though I should have shifted at 16 years old. Today marks the day Iturn 19 and still mateless unfortunately. Not being able to shift or having any beta blood led them to treating me like shit and their punching bag and that I'm a discrace. My life is so great, note the sarcasm.

Anyway, enough about my shitty life and lets get back to the present. After finally getting out of bed wincing a few times, I start making my way to the bathroom so I can get ready for school. Yeah, school. Those mother fuckers held me back a year because I missed school so much, why because I couldn't hide all the bruises.

Once I got to the bathroom, I do my usual routine which consists of me brush my hair, teeth, and taking a quick shower before going over to my closet to look for something to wear. It wasn't really hard to decide what to wear because I literally only have 2 hoodies/jackets, 8 shirts, pants, shorts, 2 bras and sports bras, 10 underwear and 1 pair of converse. Plus they are all black and thankfully they hide the bruises this time.

After 2 minutes of staring at my clothes, I finally choose a black band T-shirt, some black skinny jeans with my black converse, and my favorite black hoodie that says "Moonlight" on the back. After getting dressed, I look at my alarm clock and see that it's 6:30am. I guess it's time to go, I thought to myself. I quickly grab my bag and quietly went downstairs silently hoping that everyone was still asleep but boy was I wrong.

As I reached the stairway, I was suddenly pushed down the stairs causing me to tumble down only making me hiss more in pain. Once I tumbled to the bottom, they wasted no time in beating the living shit out of me. The pack kicked me a few times before my father came.

"Morning bitch, thought you could get away huh?!" My father yelled.

He then kick me in the ribs and other places until he felt satisfied about his work, then it was my mother's turn. My mother punched me in the face a few times making sure she did a nice job before she got up to clean her bloody fists then left for work. Now it was my sister's turn, my sister came down and gave me a nice big kick in the face and stomach making me cough up blood.

"Bye asshole!" She said then left.

Now I'm pretty sure I have a concussion. I'm really hoping no one will notices anything at school but who wouldn't when I look like shit. The last thing I need is nosy ass people getting into my business and the excuse of a pack to hunt my ass down for turning them in. But then again no one really cares about me in school and most people just look away so they dont end up like me.

After getting up, I start heading to the bus stop to catch the bus to school. Yeah I don't have a car. Anyway it is still quite early to be at school but I have a spot that I like to hang out at near school. After waiting for about what seemed like 20 minutes, I hopped onto the number 20 that stops right in front of the school. When I get there it's only 7:00am so I start making my way to my favorite spot that no one else knew about. It was a small waterfall about a 5 minute walk away from the school.