[19]: Surprises & Even More Surprises*

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I mumble while unbuckling my seatbelt. Lans and I got back about 2 minutes ago and were just sitting in front of my house, in his car.

"Yeah,. Before I forget, You don't have to babysit the kids tomorrow. They're spending the day with one of Martha's friends and her kids."

"So a play date?" I asked amused.

"Basically." he said with a slight chuckle. I nodded in understanding and opened the door. Before I could leave, Lans puts his hand over mine. I froze and looked back to see what he wanted.

"Thanks for staying with me. I know it was last minute so thank you. I had a good time." he said with a genuine smile.

I smiled back and leaned to give him a peck on the lips. I then rushed out being paranoid that my mom saw since I texted her saying I was almost home.

I went up to the door and took my house keys out. Once I opened the door there was pure silence. Maybe my mom is sleeping. I went straight up stairs to put my stuff away and went to the kitchen.

I didn't turn on the lights since I memorized where everything was place in the kitchen. I went to the fridge and took out a bottle of water.

Right when I closed the fridge, two hands grabbed my sides. I flinched back in fright until I heard chuckling.

And it wasn't my moms giggles, in fact it was a boys....

"Dave!" I whisper yelled.

"Hi." he said shyly.

"Why would you do that?! My moms sleeping." I scolded while holding my heart. I swear I was seconds away from getting a heart attack.

"She left right when I came, she let me in." he assured.

"Oh." I said in relief. I grabbed a bottle of water out the fridge and twisted the top off, before taking a sip to calm down.

"Where were you?" He asked as I drank.

"At my best friends house. Why?"

"Well you were M.I.A for like 2 days. I was worried sick, and don't even get me started on my dad." He said with a sigh. If only he knew. . .

"What happened?" I asked, pretending like I didn't know.

"You wouldn't even believe me when I tell you." he said while rubbing his forehead. He looked really stressed.

"You look stressed." I joked taking another sip of water.

"And a mess...." He adds. I chuckle and put the water down on the counter. It was quiet for a little and honestly, it was kind of awkward. I looked down and started tracing the top to my water bottle with my finger.

"You know what won't make me stressed?" He asked out of no where.

"What?" I asked, still playing with the bottle top. I look up once I hear no response and see him smirking. Out of no where, he takes a big step so he's standing in front of me and caresses my face lightly.

"You" he whispers.

'Is it weird that I didn't feel any tingles anymore?'

"We can't." I let out in a whisper, just inches away from him. I moved away and walked to the mini table we had in the kitchen, facing away from him.

"You too?" He let out. I swear I heard his voice crack in his voice which made me turn around.

"What?" I asked.

"I have no one. My mom barley speaks to me after I accidentally called her a whore. My dad barley comes home and I know he's gonna move out soon. Now you're disappearing and it feels like you're slowly leaving me too."