The Ball...

People were milling around in the common room, waiting for dates, for just fro the ball to start as many people weren’t supposed to know who they were going with. You saw Sirius' black hair, falling over a white mask, being chatted up by a girl in the year above you. You walked over to him and twirled. He started wooping and cheering, then taking your arm in his he led you down to the hall.

'Sugar' you lent into Sirius

'What’s up'

'My dad, I don’t want him to see me'

'Your wearing a mask idiot'

'Oh yeah' You smiled at him but almost ran past your father, then the dancing began. First the Waltz and you had to laugh at Sirius' 2 left feet. You took him and gracefully led him, and in return getting your feet stood on several time. Since it was a ministry official dance, you were only allowed to ball room till dinner. Sirius pulled out your chair like a proper gentleman and sat down next to you. You were surrounded by James Lilly and all the gang. When just to burst your bubble Professor Arndale swept over and said ' There appears to be a free seat here sir' and who should sit down but daddy dearest...

Your Father sat down next to Lilly, who was on the other side of you and Sirius. He smiled and introduced himself around the table.

'Alexis?' he looked at you and you knew there was nothing you could do. You took off your mask, and decided to play it safe.

'Father.' He looked a little surprised to see you.

'Lovely dress....' he said, his eyes scanning down. You could tell what he was thinking.

'It was a gift.'

'Off whom?'

'Sirius' you motioned to him and you saw him take in every detail.

'Sirius? Sirius what?'

'Black' he chipped in looking confused.

'Ah excellent, pureblood...' you glared at him, but he continued ' Well I must pay you back Mr Black as it seems my Alexsis had been receiving your gracious charity!' He spat the last word out with such force that Lilly looked around in surprise.

'Not charity... a gift, no need to pay me!' Sirius replied, taking your hand under the table.

'I see, so my daughter had been receiving gifts off you in exchange for having your company for the evening.' You could see where he was going with this.

'NO!' He glared at you and you lowered your voice 'Father, Sirius and I are friends, I am not some kind of whore!' Remus' eyebrows shot up at this and James looked at your father disgustedly.

'I think we should change the topic' Remus said

'Yes, does anyone know how the Ireland/ Romania game went last week?' James asked, catching on quick.

'Romania won 230 to 120. SO I hear you have had several detentions Alexsis. Care to explain why you are wasting your time here now that you have finally made it?'

'It's my fault,' James said, covering for you again. 'I’ve never been great at school. Alexsis has been trying to help, but has ended up in trouble too.' Your father’s eyes took James in properly for the first time.

'What is your name?'

'James, James Potter, and blood is as pure as anyone’s, so there!' He answered defiantly. You were silently praying he didn’t reach across the table and strangle James there and then.

'And you..' he braked at Lilly 'Name, bloodline'

Come on Lilly, lie... be smart... you prayed..

'Ummmmm Lilly Evans, Muggle born... not that it matters'

'Yes Lilly is the best out of all of us. Remus Lupin, Half blood....' your heart leapt into your throat, as his eyes scanned over Lupins tatty robes, and he positively glared at Lilly as if she was something unpleasant he d just stepped in. The mood around the table was ice cold, right until desert

'Alexsis, come and dance with me' You couldn’t worm your way out of this one.. you had to dance with your father eventually. He led you to the floor and you began a fast paced twirly dance. The floor was packed so there was no where to go.

Charity? Lending yourself out? Even i thought you were better than that! he snarled in your ear.

'He's a friend father, a friend and an early Christmas present.'

'A Gryffindor no less, befriended of mud blood, and defiant shits...'

'Don’t you talk about then like that! There better than you' you whispered.

'I should kill you know! You filthy little bitch!' You blood ran cold at his threat.

'You wouldn’t dare!'

'I would but i wont! It would raise suspicion. Come on, it s time you remembered who is in charge, who to respect. A good fall down the stairs should teach you..'

Ad with that he grabbed your arm and pulled you away from the crowds the music and the safety of the hall. Your heart was pounding in your throat and adrenaline was pumping around your body. You looked around to try and find James or Sirius or someone to help, but there was no one.... you were terrified.