Chapter 10

Audrey

Three days. Three fucking days that I've spent sitting in the same spot, looking at my best friend as he laid still in a hospital bed. Like an extremely cliche best friend, I vowed not to do anything until I'm absolutely positive that he's awake and healthy.

"Audrey" Jacobs said softly as he entered the room. He's actually the only one that I talk to, besides the doctor of course. Eve and Gardenia stayed in Midnight territory for moral support, but I never spoke to them. "David came to see you" he informed me. I gave him a slight shake of my head. He got the message and quietly closed the door after walking out.

Once again, I was enveloped in silence. I slowly got up and walked to Keith's bed. Pushing his hair out of his eyes, I revealed his face that was no longer beaten and bruised. My blood helped him heal faster since I'm a werewolf, but that also means that his body isn't used to the power that's in my blood. Which is why he isn't awake yet. The doctor predicted that he should wake up no more than two days from now. But I still have my doubts.

His vitals aren't getting any better. The only thing that has changed is his appearance. His skin is no longer black and blue with ragged marks. He's completely healed, but he doesn't show any signs of waking up.

'He'll wake up, Audrey. Just give it time' Casey said softly. She came back yesterday. Apparently, she was taking the pain for me; but she didn't know that it would be so constant. I'm pretty sure she's completely healed.

Sighing, I sat at the edge of Keith's bed and fiddled with the locket around my neck. I opened the locket and slowly ran my thumb along the pictures before I uncontrollably burst into tears. "You h-have to w-wake up" I choked out. He can't die. I can't lose another person. I leaned over and rested my head on his chest as I soaked his blanket in my tears.

A few minutes later, I was lifted off of Keith. Arms encircled me. "He's gonna be okay" Jacobs whispered. I let out a loud sob before another round of tears hit me.

No one actually knows that he'll wake up. They're all just saying that. The doctor just made a prediction, that doesn't mean that it'll actually happen. Jacobs can't tell the future, he doesn't know if Keith will ever be okay. No one knows. No one can tell me with 100% positivity that my best friend will wake up.

Jacobs attempted to hush me, but it only seemed like my sobs got louder. Suddenly, his arms were gone and two pairs of arms substituted Jacobs'. Both people were making shushing sounds. "Audrey" Gardenia said softly.

"Everything is gonna be okay" David declared. I shook my head as tears continued to pour out off my eyes. Nothing will be okay. I lost the only father figure I have ever had. I lost my home. I lost my friends. And now, I'm losing my best friend.

All four arms got stiff before they were slowly removed. "Sweetheart" a soft voice cooed. Arms wrapped around me as she softly stroked my hair. "It hurts, baby. I know" she whispered. My arms tightly wove around her waist as I cried. She continued to murmur soothing words in my ear until I stopped crying.

My sobs slowly died down and were replaced by small hiccups. Eve softly hushed me. "Here. Drink some water" she handed me a small glass and I sipped the cold liquid. "Better?" she asked while rubbing my back.

I nodded and wiped away my tears. "Someone go check on her mate please" Eve said politely. Jacobs bowed before leaving the room. Gardenia and David were standing to the side. Eve attempted to discretely motion to the door. All three of them started to walk away. I guess she was saying that they all should leave.

"Y-You guys can s-stay" I stuttered. They all froze and slowly turned around. "If you don't want to, that's okay too" I added. It would be kinda boring just looking at a body that never moves.