The beginning

At first, everyone thought it would just go away, it wasn't even in the news yet. The only way people found out about it was from some crazy old men at the end of people's streets. Things like this had happened before, the world was supposed to end in December of 2012 and that didn't pan out. It was nothing big. Until the media got to it. There were posters everywhere, more than there were for other things such as swine flu. The posters were ordering people to wash themselves after coming into contact with anyone. Which everyone on Earth thought was a bit over the top... We should have listened. Why didn't we listen?

After this, there were news reports telling people to stay in their homes. Apparently it was no longer safe to go outside. Well that was a stupid plan, who's going to stay in their homes, people have jobs to do and things to sort out, surely things couldn't be that bad, right? Wrong. The outside world was already carnage. There were no jobs to go back to and nothing else to do but hide. Nobody knew exactly what had happened but the first time I looked outside, all I saw was people...biting each other, ripping flesh from the other people's skin, until there was nothing left to bite at. That wasn't even the worst part, after they were done they just left. They didn't do anything with the bodies; didn't look upset or disturbed, they just carried on looking for more people to feast on. The streets soon became littered with dead carcasses of former people. The entire population had become cannibalistic.

The workaholics were the first to go, which surprisingly was more of a curse than a blessing. they were too busy in their own blackberry bubbles to even notice the bloodthirsty being hurtling towards them. It was no big loss, but the more people bitten, the more trouble there was. Shortly after this came the fat people, you can't outrun the undead when you're waiting for your cheeseburger. This was bad. Nobody thought it would be, but when you pick an opponent you would never go for someone triple the size of you. The humans that were left had no choice, we fought what we could and died trying. This was when people started to lose faith, and that was the only thing anyone had left to get them through.

This probably would have been better if I had've started from the beginning, from my point of view. Egotistical I know. This is what happened to me, my name is Jason Fields, I'm sixteen years old and this is my account of what happened from the 16th of October