four.

"I had to embrace my vulnerability because it is necessary in order to feel or connect with someone."

|four|

Two weeks later.

Sade let out a breath as soon as her body hit her couch. She didn't even think she had the energy to make it to her bedroom. Despite it being fairly early at 7 p.m., the Thanksgiving festivities had worn her out and all she was to do was sleep.

Sade had spent her Thanksgiving at her Grandma's house with her family where they feasted all day. Thanksgiving had always been one of Sade's favorite holidays because of the soul food that was to be cooked. When she was younger, her mother didn't really cook that type of food except for on holidays or every now and then. The only time she got it was if she went over her grandmother's house who loved to throw down in the kitchen.

Sade was beyond full and after playing around with some of her little cousins, she could use some rest.

She didn't plan on going anywhere like most young adults her age did. She was content with ending her Thanksgiving with sleep, so that's what she did.

~
9:37 p.m

Sade read the time on her night stand clock before groaning. Her ringing phone had awakened her from her slumber and she knew she wouldn't be able to go right back to sleep, something that always happened when her sleep was interrupted.

Swiping her thumb across the screen, she placed it on the side of her face.

"Yes?"

"Damn bitch. I know your ass wasn't sleep."

Sade rolled her eyes as if her friend could see her, "I was sleep before you interrupted it." Sade said sassily hoping her tone would be enough for the caller to hang up.

Tyla chose to ignore it.

"Well get your ass up. You promised me you would hit up The Mansion with me tonight. My momma even has Junior for me for the night. I haven't been out in forever and you promisedddd Dae-Dae." Tula whined into the phone, knowing the stupid nickname she called Sade to pick with her got on Sade's nerves.

"Tyla, I told you I'd think about it. You know the club isn't my scene." Sade proclaimed which was true. Call her boring but she didn't like being in a hot ass building around some thirsty, broke ass niggas who didn't know what 'no' meant. Nah, they could have that scene.

"I know that but you know I haven't been out in forever. Between working and taking care of Junior, I barely have time to do anything."

Sade huffed and could feel her resistance wearing down.

"Why can't you go with someone else Ty?" Sade asked but she already knew the answer to that.

Tyla smacked her teeth. "You know I don't fuck with nobody else like that for real. But I did call and ask Evonna and she down too."

Sade wasn't surprised that she already told Evonna, seeing as though they were friends as well. Not through Sade but because they grew up in Cote Block Projects together, which was where Sade's grandmother had lived and still does stay till this very day. While Sade had met Vonna there when she was younger, she had only met Tyla when she started at BeBe.