"So can anyone tell me about the slavery in the American civil war?" Mr. Brooks asks the classroom. The atmosphere is cold and I am ready to go home. It's Friday and you can feel the intensity throughout the room. It's the hundredth day of school today and no one really seems to care except me. Eighty more days of this hell and I will be preparing four more years for a beautiful and quite successful future.

I tap my pencil on the desk. "Can you stop? That's so annoying." Haley shouts at me while staring at me with her bright blue eyes. The red hair makes them stand out even more. I shift in my chair and it squeaks. Mr. Brooks looks straight at me and begins to open his mouth. Shit.

"Meredith, what do you think about the slavery in the American civil war?" I knew it.

My mouth opens, but, my brain tells me to shut up and close it because I really don't know right now. My mind is just not here today. It's somewhere else. I'm never this way. Am I okay? Usually I'm full of life and preppy. Whats wrong with me today?

The room is silent and all eyes are on me. My palms are sweaty and I am waiting for Mr Brooks to call on someone else and get the point that I obviously don't know the answer. "Alright. I guess you don't know?" Mr Brooks looks worried for me actually.

The drive home from school was smooth and not so bad like usual. I usually get stuck in traffic. But my windshield remains to stay foggy and it bugs me. My ocd is kicking in, oops.

Soon as I enter the door my mom is already telling me I have to study. "Mom, I will be ok. I have studied the past month." She shakes her head and places the meatloaf in the oven.

"If you don't become successful you know your father will be devastated. We have worked our asses off for four years for you to go to this school." She states while brushing the sweat off of her forehead. She never can sit still. She's always cooking, cleaning, on the phone, or working. She works for the bank but, she works from home.

Did I mention the school i go to actually costs about one fourth the amount you would pay for a decent priced car? That's about ten grand a year. My mom works as a manager at a bank and my father juggles being a writer and doctor. His stories are amazing and so dark with so much meaning behind them. But will never come close to the famous Edgar Allen Poe who I deeply love and admire his torturous stories.

Something is completely off with me today. I feel sick and dark? I don't know if dark is the word to be used.

I scramble through my book bag to find my phone. The screen is bright and it's filled with notifications. "Haley Text Message (2)" Haley is an acquaintance to me. She's friends with my friend Jordan. She thinks we can be cool for that reason but, I just don't see a friendship with her. She has that bright fake red hair, black lipstick, and who can forget those bright blue eyes. They let her get away with it because her father is the principal.

* wanna come over tonight? * the text reads from Haley. Well I have nothing better to do on a Friday night. Jordan will probably be there.

I leave without telling my parents where I'm headed or when I will be back. They don't need to know where I am going.

I pull up to her house and the streets are filled with cars. I park about a block down. I roll my eyes as I hear the music blaring from here. Wonder how the senior citizens take this? Probably not too easy.

I step in and Jordan immediately attacks me, almost knocking me to my feet. "Hello." She slurs while holding a red cup. She's obviously intoxicated and when she's intoxicated she's your worst nightmare.

"You're drunk aren't you?" I ask while she takes another sip of the pink liquid in her cup. "That's like asking me if your name is Miranda." I want to correct her and say Meredith, but, she's obviously wasted at this point.

In my deep thoughts, Jordan startles me by grabbing my wrist and pulling me through the crowd. "Come on! I want you to meet our new friends!" she shouts over the loud music. Great.

Once we hit the living room there are five people sitting in a circle on the floor. One for sure is Haley with that bright red hair of hers. Three are males and the other is a female with Haley.

"Guys! This is Miranda! My best friend." She says will hugging me and attempting to grab my cheeks. I pull away from her slightly and join them on the floor, sitting next to a long brown haired boy. "It's Meredith, actually."

"Hi!" The small blonde haired boy shouts across the circle to me. "I'm Niall. He's Louis and he's -."

"Harry. I'm Harry." Harry cuts Niall off and ending the sentence with a groan. He looks tense. His left arm is covered with tattoos and the right only has a few. His hair comes to about his shoulders or a little over. It's wavy and actually looks delicious and light.

"Take a picture, love. You know they last longer." He says. I chuckle and remove the hair in front of my face and tuck it behind my ears.

"So how old are you?" I ask Harry.
"Eighteen. You?"

"I'm seventeen."

I twiddle my thumbs while trying to keep a conversation with him. "So where are you from?" I ask Harry. "Why?" He asks while shifting in his position. "I don't know. Just curious, actually."

"Well don't worry about it." Oh. "It was nice meeting you all, but, I really should go. It's getting late and -"

I hear Harry say something but it's mumbled. "What?" I ask him. "Dammit... Just.. No.. Just stay." He stutters. I don't know if he's joking or he's being an ass like he was a few minutes ago. I adjust my dress and grab my purse. "No." I simply say.

Everyone looks surprised but, I don't care. He was just rude to me and then he expects me to stay? No. That's not how it works.

"It was really nice meeting you!" Niall shouts over the loud music. I return with a smile and head to my car. I wasn't even going to bother finding Jordan in this house.

Harry was different. He's not like your typical guy. I mean his eyes literally could break you. His fingers were laced in black ink and his rings made them stand out. Ok enough. I shake his presence out of my brain.

Once I have reached my room, I am ripping the dress off and throwing pajamas on. I throw my purse onto the bed. But, I go back to get it because something white is sticking out of the purse. Once I unfold the white piece of paper, it's a phone number.

It's Harry's number.

A/N
keep going or no? 💁🏼
I kinda like this. 😊