A "Friendly" Swim

Clary rolled over, expecting to find more, soft, plush, warm bed, but she found nothing, and within seconds, there was au loud thump noise; Clary had fallen on the floor. She sat up, and rubbed her shoulder, gently, but applying pressure. "Damn it," Clary cursed, realizing that she had in fact fallen off of the couch, and not her bed. Clary stood up, and brushed off her shirt, walking up to her bedroom.

-*#*-

Isabelle was still asleep, as Clary entered the bedroom, she noticed this, and thought, if I'm awake, she has to be, too. Clary walked over to Isabelle's bed, paused for a moment, what should I do to her? Clary thought. An idea popped into her head, and she headed to the bathroom, and looked for something she could put water in; she checked under the sink, and found a blue bucket, with a worn out handle. But it would have to do. Clary turned on the tap, and put the bucket under it-making sure the water was ice cold. Once the bucket was filled, Clary picked it up. It was a lot heavier than she had intended it to be. So, when she picked it up with one hand, she nearly spilt all the contents of the bucket onto the bathroom floor. Clary grabbed the handle-with two hands this time-trying not to make too much noise or spill anymore water, as she walked back into the bedroom.

Isabelle was still sound asleep-like a damn rock-as she drooled on her pillow. Clary stifled a giggle by biting on her lip, as she approached the bed. Isabelle began to stir, but stopped once she turned over onto her stomach. Clary lifted the bucket, and dumped the ice cold contents onto Isabelle's sleeping form.

Isabelle jolted awake, flying up into a sitting position, her inky hair flying around in the air, and then flying out of bed, looking around the room, until she spotted Clary, who was in the midst of throwing the bucket onto the floor, and dashing out of the bedroom. "I'm going to kill you!" Isabelle screamed at the top of her lungs, running out of the bedroom. Clary was faster than Isabelle-even considering her short legs-but still, she needed a shield. And what better than a human shield?

Clary quickly opened and closed Jace's bedroom door, to try and trick Isabelle into thinking that she'd gone in there. She quickly ran down the stairs, light on her feet, trying to not make any noise, as she tried to escape the murder house. Isabelle was now in the hall way, obviously having heard the opening and closing of a door. And while Isabelle opened Jace's bedroom door, Clary threw open the front door, and shut it behind her, as softly as possible. She knew she had to run, but to where? Clary ran in the direction of the beach, where people were walking on the sand, or setting up towels and lathering themselves in sunscreen. The sun was hot, and blinding, as Clary ran closer and closer to the water.

Clary could see Isabelle coming out of the hose, looking around frantically, her clothes soaked, and her hair sticking to her forehead an back. Clary had no where to run, besides down the beach or into the water. So, Clary ran as fast as she could into the water. She didn't look back, but she wasn't really paying attention to where she was going, either. So when she ran into something solid, she was taken aback, as she fell into the water and onto her butt. Clary looked up to see who she'd run into, and was surprised to see tawny eyes and golden hair. Clary looked behind her, to see Isabelle was getting closer and closer with every passing second. Clary stood up quickly, not bothering to apologize to Jace, as she began to run again, this time as fast s her small legs could carry her. "Clarissa! I'm going to murder you!" Isabelle yelled in her direction. "You do that!" Clary yelled back, as she treaded through the cool water. Isabelle was close to the water now, and Clary's heart was beating a hundred miles an hour, she felt like it might burst or pop out of her chest.

In this moment, Clary had a realization; Alec went wherever Jace went, and Magnus went wherever Alec went. "Magnus!" Clary shouted. "Magnus! Alec!"