Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

Everyday that week I have been going to the same library.

Everyday that week I have been looking for him. I'm sure he was going to need the jacket for his walks, especially with the sudden cold, rigid weather.

While I stuck an encyclopedia into it's area, I heard the casual ding of the bell above the door.

Mrs. Lugano was absent for the day, so I was in charge.

"Hi, welcome to the-"

I paused as I looked into the familiar green orbs. His curly, brown hair was a little damp from this mornings rain shower.

"I believe you have something of mine?"

My breath caught in my throat as his eyes seemed to glare at me

I nodded, hurrying to the back room, picking up his jacket from the table, and heading back to him.

"Here.."

He snatched it, putting it on.

"Why'd you take it?" He asked quietly.

"Why's you leave it?" I replied

.

He paused, looking away. Finally.

"Look, if your mad at me from the other week then Im-"

"Thank you" he said simply, rushing out the door.

I frowned a little, but continued with my work.

***

I picked up my paycheck from the desk in the back after I finished, just as Mrs. Lugano asked.

Tugging my hoodie over my black hair, I walked out into the rain, locking up.

I began my walk down the sidewalk, the rain coming down more.

I walked past a dimmed alleyway where three guys stood against the brick walls.

"Hey there, darling." One hollered.

"Come here babe" another whistled.

The third one just looked me up and down, his eyes full of lust.

Before I could make a run for it, one of the guys grabbed my arm, causing me to drop my bag at the end of the ally which were I once, and wish I still, stood.

The one whilst grabbed me shoved me against the wall, holding my arms still as the other two circled me.

My eyes began to water as they tried sweet talking me, there grubby hands exploring my body.

After screaming a few times, one covered my mouth, while, the leader Im guessing, started unzipping his pants.

I could feel my eyes widen in fear.

Before I could try to protest, a tall shadow gloomier over them.

"Get off of her before we have any problems"

The two who surrounded me spun at the dark person, who's voice was familiar in too many ways.

I winced when I realized who it was.

Everything was happening too fast for me to understand that he had them to the ground, the thugs faces covered with bruises and smears of blood.

The one who was holding me let me go in surrender, letting me fall to my knees, me not knowing he was the one holding me up this whole time.

I looked up at the narrowed green eyes of my hero.

"Thank you.." I whispered, tears sliding down my face.

"How many times am I going to have to see you?" he joked silently, helping me up.

I didn't reply, not knowing if he wanted me to hear or not.

He walked to my bag, handed it to me and walked away.

Just walked away like nothing happened.

Like we never spoke.

I threw the bag over my shoulder, and ran to catch up with his fast pace.

"Wait! But I don't even know your name" I called.

He stopped, turned to me, and smiled.

"Harry"

And continued walking again.