parks, brats, fights, groceries

conner photo on side

I woke up the next morning in my bedroom, not knowing how I got there. Didn't I go to a club with Alexx last night? I didn't remember anything from the night, but I could remember a blurry scene filled with grinding and strobelights. The intense pounding in my head, and the lack of memory, lead me to believe I had drinken a beer or two last night, which was not my original intention. I was a lightweight and I did not tolerate alcohol well at all.

I rubbed the crusty materials out of the corner of my eyes and walked downstiars. In the kitchen, I poured myself a glass of cool water and took some medicine to help the pain in my head. Only when I turned around did I realize I was not alone. Conner was looking at me. He looked really silly with a white apron on that read "Mom's The Best Cook". I snorted in an unladylike fashion at the sight.

"So you're awake?"

"Um...yes, Conner," I said.

"In case you were wondering, it's eleven o'clock," he stated, and I spit out my drink.

"What? Why? What happened? Why are you here?"

"Gee, I can tell you are so eager to see me," he joked, but then I sensed a shift in the mood as things became more serious. I took a seat at the table and grabbed some of the bacon Conner had made off of the pan. Since Conner liked his bacon overcooked, it was a bit too crispy for my taste, but I was too hungry to care.

"What's up?" I tried to act casual and Conner raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, so I'm just going to cut to the chase."

"Okay, come at me! Let's hear it," I said. Whatever happened last night couldn't be as bad as the last time I got drunk.

"Last night, you went clubbing with Alexx, and you got stoned, and then drunk. You called me in your state, blabbing about nonsense, and I came to pick you up. Some man looked like he was about to take advantage of you. So, with that being said, even though you have lost your recallation again, what the hell were you thinking Dylan?" Conner's once calm tone turned angry and I rubbed my temples. The yelling was not helping my hangover. A few events of the previous night came back to me all at once. Oh gosh, did I really do all of that?

"Yes, yes you did," Conner responded. Did I say that out loud?

"Uh...sorry?" I gave him a sheepish look and Conner's gaze hardened even more.

"I don't understand, Dylan. What brings a girl like you to party irresponsibly like that?" He ran a hand through his hair in frustration. At this point, I was getting a little frustrated.

"What do you mean 'a girl like me'?"

"A nice, good, innocent young lady! Not some skanky piece of trash!"

"Innocent? This again? Why does everyone keep calling me that! It's pissing me off! And a 'skanky piece of trash'? Is that what you really think of me?"

"Well, if I had just met you last night, I would've, but I know you were just acting like that. Why, Dylan? You're so much better than that. You don't even like going to high school parties half of the time. What gave you the urge to go clubbing? And without me to watch over you! You know how you get when you drink! I know you're book smart and all, but that was a stupid move right there!"

"Are you just going to stand there and insult me all day, Conner? What are you, my mom?" He groaned, as he reached his breaking point.

"No! But your parents aren't here, and since they aren't going to find out about your wild night, I am going to be the one to lecture you, since the adult watching over you is likely the one who got you into this mess in the first place. Alexx is changing you Dylan. She's changing you, tainting you. Do you want to be a screw-up like her when you grow up? Do you want me to leave you like I heard her boyfriend did because she was just a pathetic waste of space?"