Chapter 1

Chapter 1- a new beginning

Bella's POV

I sat patiently in the styling chair that Alice had placed in our room. She was doing my hair and make up before we go to a party tonight.

'Bella?' Alice chimes. 'What? Sorry' I say snapping out of my thoughts. 'Which dress?' She held up two, a long red one with a frilly hem and a short cream dress with a black bow belt. 'That one' I say pointing to the cream one.

'Good choice' she says as I stand up and start walking to the bathroom. 'Where you going?' Alice asks. 'To get changed' I reply. 'Bells I've seen you naked before' she moans. I shrug, 'oh well, I need to go anyway' I say as an excuse. I was still conscious of my body.

As I'm about to get into my dress I'm pushed up against the wall. I kiss her on the neck biting lightly. She moans softly as her legs wrap delicately around my waist. 'You always distract me' I whisper in her ear. 'That's what I do best' she smiles. 'Have I ever told you how much I love you' I place my hands on her hips. 'Once or twice' she shrugs.

Eventually I push her away making her pout. 'Alice I really need to get changed' I say reluctantly. 'Fine' she strops crossing her arms over her chest. I kiss her one last time before sliding my dress over my head. I look in the mirror as Alice runs her hands down my sides. I bite my lip as I glance at her. She's wearing a small black dress with red ribbon around the middle, tied in a bow at the side.

'Cute' I remark as I take her wrists. 'Mm Hm' she agrees nervously a finger on her lips. 'I got you something' I say taking a small rectangle box out of my pocket. I open it and take out a small gold bracelet it has a single heart dangling from it on one side of the heart it has both our names engraved on the other it has a single paw print.

Venom wells in her eyes as I fasten it onto her wrist. She hugs me tighty, 'thank you' she whispers into my ear. I squeeze her tighter twirling her around in my arms. I set her down on her feet and look into her butterscotch eyes with a tint of red.

'I love you so much Bella. I'm sorry for what Edward put you through.' I shrug, 'I don't mind, you were there to help me through it' I start to fiddle with her fingers as we sit on the bed.

'Can I tell you the story of when I first saw you?' She asks warily. I nod, 'please.' She takes a deep breath, 'well it was my first vision of you that made me fall in love. It was me and you in a forest, I was in your arms we were... Semi-naked. Edward saw of course and he didn't want it happening. So he decided to intervene, you weren't his mate only his singer. The moment I saw you in person I realised you were my mate, but you didn't swing that way. You were with him so I settled with being the best friend. There were so many times I was tempted, I wanted you so much but I was with Jasper you had him. I jumped at the opportunity to take you away when James came after you. I would watch you sleep at night, knowing that was the only thing I would get. When you disappeared I panicked, I saw you with James. When we got there you were almost dead. Edward knew if you woke as a vampire then you would realise it was me all along. So he sucked out the venom. Seeing you lay in the hospital bed was hard, I knew you were clumsy but you looked so... Broken. When Edward decided to leave he ordered that I leave you alone and not say goodbye my heart broke not being able to do anything, Without fear that he would kill the girl I love. I kept an eye on you until suddenly one day your future disappeared. I was about to come to you then Jasper stopped me, I told him it was over. And threw the ring at him before I came back. The others came with me and here we are.'

I was silent, she had liked me from day one? She was willing to put herself through all that for me? A few silent tears roll down my face and she leans closer to wipe them off. 'That's amazing Alice, I can't believe all that. You were willing to put yourself through torture for me.' She smiles sheepishly as we hug lightly. 'Let's go for a walk' she suggests. 'Yeah, I need to get some fresh air before this party.' She laughs slightly as I wrinkle my nose.

ooOoo

We walk along the bridge over the river and look over the edge. The water is dark and reflects the moon. It also allows us to see the drunk men coming up behind us. Not that we can't hear their hammering hearts.

Immediately their eyes fix on Alice who looks to be the weaker of us. I let out a low growl that they won't be able to hear. 'May we help you?' I ask impatiently. 'No but we can help you' the tall ginger one says with an evil glint in his eyes. 'Is that so? Because we were just going, we have a celebration to go to' we begin to walk away but Alice catches my arm. She has a hungry glint in her eyes.

'I could have a couple of drinks before we go, so I don't drink too much.' I shrug, 'go on then baby.' She smiles as she drains the men. She stands up moments later and wipes her mouth with a tissue. 'Done' she says. Looking around I flip out a lighter and watch as the bodies engulf in flames.

ooOoo

Emmett and Rosalie are waiting in the castle for us and we walk down together. Rose has crimson red eyes already and they stand out framed by her beauty. 'So where were you two?' Emmett asks. 'We went for a walk, then two idiots decided to come over so Alice fed.' He nods in acceptance as we get to the throne room where the party is being held.

As we enter 'who let the dogs out' begins to play. I laugh, looking over to Demitri who is DJing. 'Very funny Dimi' I call. 'Just keeping it real' he shouts back. I growl playfully back at him as I twirl Alice over to the table with drinks on. There's a bin of cola for me and glasses with blood for the vampires.

Marcus glides over as I open my drink. He kisses my hand in greeting, 'hello Bella' he smiles. 'Hey Marcus' I great sliding an arm around Alice's waist. 'Are your drinks ok?' He asks. 'Yes thank you.' He smiles, 'Jane wanted to get you alcohol but Caius, Aro and I though it wouldn't be wise to have a drunk shapeshifter.' I chuckle, 'no that wouldn't be good' I agree.

After my 5th cola Caius comes over to us. He looks at me cautiously, he extends a hand. 'Isabella, may I have this dance?' He asks nervously. I glance at Alice who nods so I take the blond Vampires outstretched hand.

'I want to apologise for how I acted when we first met it was out of order. I admit you aren't that bad.' I look at him in shock, 'it's ok I guess. You were only protecting yourself.'

The song ends and a slow one begins, Alice takes Caius's place. She puts her legs around my waist and her arms loop around my neck. 'Mmm' I moan. 'If we weren't in public...' She places a finger on my lips. 'Shh' she kisses my lips. I lick over her lips and await do entrance, which she denies.