Chapter 21- I won't let you save me now

"What the hell do those idiots think they're doing" I scream in my cell
"Just shut the hell up" one of the guards in front of my cell yells. All I can do is wait and listen. They can't save me now. I won't let them. The doors of the basement spring open bringing a flood of new soldiers to guard me. I hear the signs of the fight starting. They're quite far away. They've barely made their way into the base. Knowing their strength I know this isn't gonna take long. I stand up and release the tight muscles from my legs. I haven't stood up since I've gotten here, and I've gotta be able to walk to the platform.
"I told you'd they'd come" I say
"You did, Luffy is an idiot but he belives in his nakama, they think you're going to die, so they're gonna make it their duty to save you"
"Be the decoy"
"What"
"I'll let them see me, before I go to the platform, get them to notice you, tell them I don't want their help nor do I want them to see my death, they won't listen to you but at least you'll be free"
"Gracelyn...."
"You owe me Ace"
"You bitch" he chuckles
"You're really set on dying then" he says looking down.
"I am"
"Then I guess their is no changing your mind. I wish I didn't have to be this way"
I hear the intercom come on once again.
"Reinforcements! We need reinforcements"
"It looks as if Luffy plans on saving you no matter what"
"It'll be a waste of their time and energy."
I can feel their presence closer now. The Marines must realize they're not a match for them.
I lay my head against the cold wall.
"GRACELYN" I hear Luffy scream.
I can hear him but not see him. I can focus in on his presence, he's still pretty far away. How was I able to hear him? I bang my head against the wall over and over, causing blood to drip down my face.
"STOP THAT! THE CAPTAIN WANTs YOU TO DIE AT HIS HAND NOT YOUR OWN" The Solider closest to me yells.
I hear the intercom beep for the third time.
"GET GRACELYN ABBELY READY FOR EXECUTION, WE'RE LOSING. THE CAPTAIN WILL BE DOWN SOON" The man screams.
"Ace please, please do this for me"
"I will" he says sadly.
The doors break in and the Captain stomps down to my cell. He carries two iron cuffs and a large key. He unlocks the cage grabbing me by my hair and pulling me up to face him. He puts one of the cuffs around both my hands and the larger one around my neck. The neck on has a chain connected to the hand ones. They really don't want me to escape. With that he drags me out and I turn and see Ace. Our eyes connect and for that moment, I can tell his eyes are teary. ------------------- 3 Years ago -----------------
The town was crumbling. The fired were everywhere. The man we found was still unconscious. A band of pirates had come into the town and destroyed it. The man was trying to save the town but was knocked out. I threw him over my shoulder and grabbed my kids and ran out of our house. I stole a ship and laid him down. Getting ready to escape the island, some of the pirates found us. I pull my sword out and get ready to fight. Then next to me I feel the presence of the man. His hand was fire. So he's fire-fist Ace then? We fight them off together in a minute flat.
"So you're the women who saved me" he asks after we got a pretty good distance from the town
"You tried to save the town, so I thought I'd save you. It meant nothing"
"I guess I owe you now" he laughs
"You owe me nothing"
"Not very cheerful are you? Why'd you help a pirate, you're gonna get in trouble aren't you"
"I already have a bounty" I say.
"Really? Wow, I thought you were strong"
"I'm not a good person. I saved you out of pity. I'd kick you off the boat if I didn't know you'd drown"
"Then you are a good person"
"Hmph" I grumble. The moon high above us on our small caravel of ship.
"Those kids yours"
"Yes"
"I thought so, the little girl looks like you"
"Yes I birthed her. Kaito is an adoptive child. He had no family and I was alone, so we just continued to adventure together"
"I see"
"Why'd you come to the island anyways"
"Pure accident, but I'm glad I got to met you"
"I'm Portgas D. Ace, I almost forgot to introduce myself"
"I know. I'm Gracelyn Abbely"
"Really" he says looking shocked
"Afraid"?
"No. Not that I've met. I've just hesrd so many terrible stories, about how you kill out of cold blood and you care about no one but yourself"
"Their is truth to those stories. I do not kill out of cold blood, I kill when i I need to. I also couldn't give any shits about myself or my life, the only thing I care about is my children"
-------------------------Now-----------------------
I nod to him, and with that nod I bring many words. I was grateful that Ace was doing this for me. Even if it hurt. The captain pushes me into the hall and we walk up the steps. We reach the top and I'm blinded by the sun. My eyes adjust and I see the destruction the Straw Hats have caused. Then I look down at the bottom of the stair case and see them. The entire crew.
"GRACELYN, WE'VE COME TO SAVE YOU" Luffy yells.
"I didn't asks for your help, go the hell away" I mutter back at them
"Don't speak to them" The captain yells slapping me!
"Don't hurt Gracelyn-chan" Sanji screams.
"STOP!" Ace's voice yells.
I smirk under my hair and walk towards the captain.
"Is that... Ace" Luffy asks?
"LUFFY STOP! LEAVE HER BE DON'T YOU SEE SHE'S NOT WORTH IT! LET HER DIE IT'S HER WISH" He yells.
"You shouldn't have come" I say before the Captain drags me out. They all look stunned. Nami and Sanji have tears in their eyes. They came on their own terms there was no way I was gonna let them save me.