thirty-four

[final chapter :(((((((((( also small heads-up: tyler's mom and dad dont know anything about josh only his brothers and his sister, it'll be explained further in this chapter :) read the a/n at the bottom as well please!]

Tyler didn't want to open his eyes and face Josh. He didn't.

He couldn't face him right here, right now. Considering the situation and the fact that Tyler has avoided him for over two whole months (and was planning to keep doing so).

This wasn't going to be easy.

"Tyler, please. I know we haven't talked in months, not after-- Look, I just want to talk. Please, Tyler. Give me one chance, just one chance," Josh whispered pleadingly. Tyler could feel his presence really close.

He opened his eyes and faced Josh. And wow, had he changed.

His hair wasn't bright red anymore, instead it was a nice shade of blue that fit him perfectly. He had a slight stubby that made him look quite more attractive than he already is. Why must he be so hot? No, Tyler. Stop it.

Tyler caught himself staring, a slight pink blush making its way to his cheeks. He turned his head to look at the ceiling so Josh wouldn't notice. Too bad he already did.

"What do you want? Why should I give you a chance?" Tyler grumbled. He crossed his arms over his chest and winced at the pain it caused. Goddamn you broken ribs.

Josh sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He took a deep breath and began. "Okay...I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry for cheating on you with a girl. I wasn't thinking straight and I was really drunk a--"

"Being drunk is not an excuse for cheating," Tyler cut him off, annoyed.

Josh sighed again.

"I-I know, but please-- please just let me explain," he pleaded.

"Fine."

"Thanks you," he continued, "as I was saying...I was drunk and I didn't know what I was thinking. I-I was just so stupid. She lead me on and I kept going, and I just-- I'm so sorry, Tyler. I didn't expect it to come to this, I should've known, though. And I'm so sorry for what I've done but please-- just please give me one more chance to fix everything, to fix you. Please, Tyler...please."

Josh's voice cracked in odd places and he bit his lip harshly, holding back the tears. He couldn't cry in front of Tyler, especially after all he's been through. He would just seem selfish and that's the least he wanted.

Tyler bit his lip, drawing a bit of blood out. He stared at the ceiling, pondering about everything Josh said.

One side of Tyler was saying that Josh was being selfish. He didn't really deserve a second chance or any chances at all. He fucked up and these are the consequences. It's true, he was stupid. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have done what he did and this mess would've been avoided.

But his other side was saying that Josh kind of deserved a chance, even a small one. They could start all over again, properly this time, and get to know each other the right way. Start off as friends and see where it leads.

Tyler argued with himself for a few minutes in the deep silence. He finally decided on the latter.

He let out a sigh and said, "Fine. I'll give you a chance. But only one chance. And we can't be like we used to. We're going to start slow, like we should have. Okay?" He turned his head and faced Josh.

Josh was taken aback. He was quite shocked that Tyler really gave him a chance. And he sure as hell wasn't going to miss it, no matter what.

"Y-Yeah! Totally! That's completely fine with me!" Josh grinned widely but it faded as he heard one of Tyler's brother's (he believed it was Zack) stirring on the couch and waking up.

"Tyler?" Yep. It was Zack.

Zack stood up and stretched, failing to acknowledge Josh.

Josh was starting to panic a bit but he stayed silent, not really knowing what to do. He put his head down.

Zack walked over to Tyler's bed, noticing the full head of blue hair. He had an intuition that it was Josh but decided to ignore it, because the last time he saw Josh he had bright red hair. Still, he looked at him curiously with furrowed eyebrows.

Meanwhile, Josh was having an internal panic attack, praying that Zack doesn't even recognize him (he doubted it, though).

"Hey, you're up," Zack smiled brightly at his brother. "We were really worried about you for a moment back there."

Tyler smiled at his brother, ignoring his odd stares at Josh. "Well, I'm alive."

"Yeah, thank God," he chuckled.

There was an awkward silence lingering in the room for a while until Zack broke it.

His eyes were directly on Josh. "Tyler, who's your friend?"

Josh's breath hitched, tensing up completely. Shit. I'm fucked.

Tyler didn't know what to say. He knew there was obviously some tension between Josh and Zack. Something must've happened when he wasn't...available after the incident.

"Uh...He-- He's uh--" Tyler stuttered too much to actually give a comprehensive answer.

Immediately, Zack knew his brother was hiding something. And he did not like it.

Zack raised Josh's head for himself and glared at him the moment he saw his face.

"P-please, i-it's not what it l-looks like--" Josh stuttered quickly, but Zack cut him off. "It's exactly what it looks like! Are you here to mess with my little brother again?"

"N-No!"

Tyler tried to intervene. "Zack, he wasn't doing anything! He was just--"

"No, Tyler! He's a bad influence! Look at he did to you? Don't you remember? He's a bad person."

Zack's words cut through Josh like a knife. Bad person. Those words will never leave his head.

"Please, Zack. He isn't a bad person, he just made a mistake! Just like all of us do! He--"

"Stop defending him! You wouldn't have been this way if it wasn't for him!"

"Fuck it!" Tyler burst out.

His sudden outburst surprised both Josh and Zack.

"Tyler--"

"No. Listen to me. You don't control my life or the decisions that I make anymore. I'm not a little kid anymore. I might be the youngest but I'm not a little kid, not anymore. I'm practically an adult now. I have a job, I'm moving out and going to college in. a few months. I can control my life now. I can do what I want now. And what I want is for you to leave Josh and me alone. What I want, is to give him another chance."

Josh and Zack both stared at Tyler in shock. Josh in awe more than shock, though.

Zack was taken aback, his words completely gone.

"Tyler, I-I'm sorry...I-I was just-- I was just trying to help, I--"

"I know. You're overprotective of me. It's okay, I understand," Tyler cut him off.

Oddly, Jay was able to sleep through the whole thing. Amazing.

When Zack was about to say something, their mother walked into the room, smiling at them.

"Oh, Tyler, Zack! I see you're up," she said in a slight cheery tone.

"Y-Yeah," Tyler smiled at her.

"How are you feeling, honey?"

"A bit better."

"That's great. Good news, you'll be dispatched in just three days."

Tyler smiled at that, he truly smiled.

"Thank God, that's great."

Thank God, indeed. Because maybe afterwards it would be a new beginning for him and for Josh.

And that's all they want.

[{not edited} this is the end. this is the end. it was kind of rushed but oh wELL after this will be the epilogue and the character answers and maybe a small surprise...;)]