Chapter Four

All week Jake has been texting me and calling me so much that I nearly threw my phone at someone in the head. But good thing I had will power. If I give him a second chance, how will I know if he will cheat on me again? I am not going through another heartbroken phase. Even at school he's been trying to get us alone, but it's a thing called friends. Friends back you up and are always by your side.

Jake doesn't have the balls to apologize to me in front of people. I get the privacy part but when your trying to get your girlfriend back after cheating on her, you don't worry about getting embarrassed or shy.

"Oomph!" The next thing I see is the wooden floor. Supporting myself using my hands, I lifted myself off what helped me stay balanced while talking to Kane.

"You know it would be a whole lot easier if you just hurry up." Nikki advised while standing in front of my closet.

"Easy for you to say." I pointed out as my face meets something soft other than something hard and has been walked on. "Your not the one who's going on a date in 10 minutes and has to pick an outfit that will break necks." I muffled into my pillow.

Right now it was Friday night and I haven't even decided out an outfit. Nikki rushed over and held up shirts.

"Get up." I did what I was told. Nikki walked over to my bed and held an outfit in front of me. "Try it on." She threw it in my face and shuffled quickly over to my vanity mirror getting out every girls' accessories and needs for a date.

My feet automatically picked me up and sauntered into the en suit that was conveniently adjoined with my room. I stripped my clothes off and put on the outfit. A deep blue floral shirt replaced my tank top and denim shorts covered my bottom.

I walked back into the room, observing myself in the long standing mirror. For once, my legs looked model-like, pleasing me. My brown hair cascaded down my back in waterfalls.

A slap on the butt snapped me out of admiring my look.

Nikki was a fascinating one. She's always been a special Asian with bright grey eyes.

She dragged me and slammed my butt into the seat belonging to the vanity mirror.

Nikki's hands worked so fast, that the next thing I knew a strand of my hair was braided and put to the front side of my head, my eyelashes were thick with mascara and my cheeks were blushed.

"Oww!" I yelped from the pinches Nikki gave me for the natural effect.

"You look just cot!" I stared at her with a quizzical face.

"Cot?" I asked spinning the chair around, obviously not knowing what cot means.

"Oh it's a combination of cute and hot." Her hands were held up in the air, then connected together to form cot. "Cot. Hot enough to make Kane drool but cute to make you irresistible." Then she mouthed the word cot silently whilst shaking her head. A horrified expression crossed her face after she realized what she said.

I raised my eyebrows at her and stared at her as if she had just grown another head.

"I have got to stop spending time with my cousins," she reprimanded herself and sat down on the bed.

Sometimes I don't know what goes on in her mind but that's what makes her creative.

"Ok, here put these on and I'll take a picture." She handed me strappy sandals that completed the look.

I smiled and a flash appeared. She showed me the picture and after a nod of approval, she sent it to my parents.

It was a way of showing them I was happy back at home even though they weren't here with me.