His Red Motorbike- Chapter 5 part 1

I have decided to post part of Chapter 5 since I'm still not done, but taking forever! Enjoy!

Vote ,comment, like and share!

Chapter 5

“This will work.” Aiden said as he tossed a football he had found in the air. He caught it with skilled ease before throwing it over to me. “You know, I don’t think that going through the lost and found and just taking a ball from there is allowed.” I told him as I watched the ball fall into the water beside me. Of course it was my goody-goody side talking. Seriously, what was going to happen? It’s not like the police were going to arrest us for taking a football out of lost and found! 

“Do you not know how to catch a ball? You know they teach that sort of thing in preschool.” Aiden said with amusement as he walked over to the edge of the pool and looked down at me. I glared up at him, unamused by his teasing. 

“Yes actually, I do know how to catch a ball. Just not a football. I mean, how do you hold it? It’s so oddly shaped!” I said as I watched with puzzlement as he slowly backed up away from the pool. “What are--” I began to say but I was cut off by him sprinting and jumping into the pool doing a cannon ball. I was hit with a large wave of water, completely drenching me in the process.

I waited for him to resurface before jumping onto him and pushing him back under water. Payback! However Aiden easily pushed me off of him and sent me flying through the air. I watched as the sky blue water came closer and closer until I landed in the water with an ungraceful and very loud belly flop. Ouch, that hurt!

When I came back up for air I examined myself to make sure everything was still in place. I was fine but my stomach was red from the force of my landing. Aiden quickly rushed over to me mumbling over and over again “I’m sorry...” He began to say and I felt myself melt a little bit “...that you suck at landings.” He finished with a smirk. 

What the hell? I was pretty pissed. He wouldn’t get off that easily. I stormed out of the water and sat down on a lounge chair and crossed my arms. Aiden followed me out of the pool and sat down on the chair beside me, his eyes sparkling with mischief and arrogant confidence. “Look it’s not my fault you did a very ungraceful belly flop! You started it!” I ignored him. The arrogant little jerk!

I heard him sigh and he gently placed his hands on my arms and tugged them out of their folded position. My arms almost melted under his touch, easily unfolding. He gently held my hands in his hands and looked me in the eyes. My gaze held. I couldn’t look away. His eyes weren’t amused or over-confident anymore. They shone with concern, honesty and ...sincerity? “I’m sorry Adela. Please forgive me.” he whispered, leaning in closer. I froze while my heart accelerated. 

Oh, he was waiting for an answer. It took a minute to form the words and get them out but finally I managed to whisper “I forgive you.” His smile in return was radiant and genuine. Only it vanished just as quickly as it had come and was replaced with a very serious look. 

Aiden took a lock of my hair that had come loose from the pony tail between his thumb and pointer finger and twirled it a little bit before gently tucking it behind my ear. Then he began leaning in closer but before his lips could make contact a little  kid came up behind us and started screaming. Aiden jerked back in surprise.  I I felt my cheeks burning red in embarrassment.

My phone went off in my purse just then as we were about to go back into the water. I checked it to see that Drew had texted me saying that my parents and him had decided to go get ice-cream instead and that I had several hours before I had to be home.

I suddenly felt a pair of eyes staring at me with vicious intensity. I looked up and around the pool to see who was staring at me but I quickly realized the effort was futile. Almost everyone was wearing dark sunglasses which made it impossible to identify exactly where they were looking.

I tried to shrug off the uncomfortable feeling and focus on what Aiden was saying about throwing the football and positioning of the fingers. However I found myself in still somewhat of a daze. I could still feel that my cheeks were hot and I couldn’t stop staring at different parts of him. His hair, his eyes, his lips, his jaw working my way down to his chest...

“Adela. Could you please focus?” I heard him say and quickly looked up from his muscular stomach and back up to his face where a very amused smirk was tugging at his lips. 

“Right now let me show you where to put your fingers.” He said as he took my right hand and placed it on the football. “Now see the stitches? Yep, now put your pointer finger here..” He proceeded to place each of my fingers in the correct position. Or at least as close as possible. Something we had not considered is perhaps my hand would be a little bit too small to be able to grip the ball properly. 

That didn’t really matter to me though. I was focused on the way his hands lingered a bit on mine before he pulled away.

We continued my lesson with a consistent joking back-and-forth for about half an hour before the feeling of being watched intensified to the point of where I could no longer ignore it. I looked around the pool again and noticed a girl slightly older than me staring at me and Aiden (it was pretty obvious, even with sunglasses) with the most evil smirk I had ever seen. When she saw that I was looking at her she stood and pulled out her cell phone, dialed a number and raised it to her ear. She gave me another mean-spirited smirk before turning her back to me. 

I stood frozen. I recognized her now, she was a cheerleader from school. The cheerleaders always spelled out trouble. Within only a couple minutes she turned back around while hanging up the phone, that smirk even more vicious than before. Oh crap.

But when nothing happened after about a minute I forgot about her. I was expecting spy helicopters overhead and SWAT guys jumping out of black vans. Nope. So instead I focused back on what we were doing before. I turned around to find Aiden looking down towards the water behind me. More like what was under the water. He was checking me out.

“Who needs to focus now Aiden?” I laughed. He quickly looked away, but did not look the slightest bit embarrassed. I shook my head with a smile before splashing him in the face before quickly swimming away. I knew he would want revenge. 

I heard him yell out and the splash as he started swimming toward me. I swam to the deep end of the pool but I quickly realized that wasn’t the smartest idea. I was cornered, with no where to go.

“Damn.” I whispered to myself.

I blinked and then the next thing I knew I was looking into those warm brown eyes again, through the dark wet hair that hid them slightly. His arms were on either side of my head leaving me no escape route. A mischievous smirk played on his lips as he knew he had me trapped.

“You are going to have to pay for that.” He said menacingly, but the teasing light was still in his eyes.