Prologue

The day had finally come. At last, I would taste sweet victory and take the power I have always dreamed of. Only the strongest of Wizards could help me achieve my goal. Supreme power had always been calling for me, like a siren calling to a man at sea. I was destined for greatness, and I will take the place that is rightfully mine. I will be in total control of the Wizarding community. I have always dreamed of this day, and there is only one person missing from it. One of the most powerful Wizards ever seen and the one prophesied to defeat me. I have known she would be my undoing sense the moment I laid eyes on her, but today I am taking control of my own destiny, and changing the prophecy. Today I will use her one weakness to my advantage. Her undying loyalty. I have the life of the boy she loves in my grasp. One move and he will cease to exist, and she will not take that risk. I will get what I want, and all I have to do is wait.

You could practically feel the magic twisting like tendrils of smoke through the air. She was here; I could feel her presence on the battle field. Looking past the ever growing amount of moving fire, air, water, and earth, my eyes finally found her. She stood, shoulders back and scowling, on the other side of the expansive field. She wanted a fight. She would get one. Let the battle begin.