Two || Seeking Help

"T-Time travel?" Leia's eyes widen in disbelief as her brother smirks reassuringly.

"Yes," he says, "I believe it's possible. With the Force, anything is possible."

"Luke..." Leia says softly, weaved in with an exhale, "I don't know. I - I don't think that's a great idea, Luke, you could completely alter the future - "

"I know," Luke says, wrinkling his nose and staring at the floor in thought. "I know. But it would be for the better, if I could save Father."

Leia finds herself doing a double-take at Luke's words and raises her voice a bit. "What?" She asks, startled by his proposition. "You - you... Luke, I... That's impossible. You can't save Father."

Luke looks up. "Why can't I try?"

Clearly worried, Leia sighs again and stares off, in thought about the whole situation. "You could alter the future too much and risk our lives. I like things the way they are now."

"Well it's worth a shot," Luke suggests eagerly, his former young, buoyant self kicking in. Leia looks to him and smiles sadly, knowing it would be an adventure far too dangerous for Luke to endure. She just had to find a way of reasoning with him... and he wasn't too easy to negotiate with.

"Luke," she says, "Don't try it. It's not smart; it's not a good idea. Our entire lives will be changed. We'd - we'd have no reason to have ever met Han, or Chewie or - Luke, just... please, for me, don't try anything."

"You're suggesting that would be if I did save Father," Luke chimes with a smile, "So you do think I can do it!"

Leia shakes her head. "No, no, Luke - of course I believe in you, but I never said I think you should. I - I strongly suggest you shouldn't, but - "

"But?" Luke asks, raising an eyebrow.

"But... you're not easy to stop," she admits coldly, staring at the floor again in thought. At this point, she knew there was barely anything she could say that would prevent her brother from taking a risk like this.

Luke sighs. "I... I know. I'm sorry, Leia, but I have to give it a try..."

She knew he would say that.

"I know you want to save Father, Luke, but think about it. You do one thing wrong and there goes our entire lives!"

She's clearly not too happy about this. But, I know I made the right decision to tell her. She would be worried sick if I just disappeared one day without any explanation.

"I've already considered everything," he lowers his voice, "But maybe I'll just stay low. Observe. See Father and Mother and - hey, maybe I'll even see Ben or Yoda," he says with a twinkle in his eye, "And if things are looking like I shouldn't interfere, I'll just... observe. And... not try to help Father."

The way he said it made it seem like it was horrible, to not attempt at saving their father. Leia looked at him in such a way that said I believe you'll do the right thing, but I'm still horrified. And quite frankly, that was the truth.

Suddenly, Leia leans in a bit more, to Luke's surprise. She whispers, "Luke, if you do decide to do this, don't just think about Father. Think about us, think about Han, Chewie - think about... Mother, even."

Luke smiles sadly. "Of course, Leia. I'll be thinking about everyone here the entire time. And, yes - I'll try to save Mother too," he looks off with a hint of wonder in his blue eyes, "I just hope time travel is even possible."

"If it is," Leia starts, standing up from the bed, "Then I think you'll be the first to have tried it." She flashes him a smile, turning for the doorway of the quarters. "If you'll excuse me, I should go check on Han - see if he hasn't killed the Wookiee yet," Leia scoffs, leaving the quarters and turning a corner, out of Luke's sight.