Chapter 2~ The sickness

I woke up in the morning from the bright sun light startling my eyes, I immediately slapped my hands over my eyes to shield them although this hurt my eyes in a different way. I moaned and forced my way out of bed, I really didn't want to get up, I had a headache and I felt sick, like that feeling you get in your stomach sometimes and you can feel the sick coming up slowly.

Well I felt like that only the sick just wouldn't come up even though I felt it. It was frustrating.

It had been two weeks since the party and I had told my mum about Adrian, and we gossiped about him for most of that weekend.

My morning daily shower made me feel much better and removed my headache but didn't remove the sick feeling I had.

Brain please work! I thought to myself as I couldn't even remember what day it was. I cussed to myself and ran to my phone.

'Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit' I whispered to myself as I remembered it was Monday and it was already 8oclock, I never slept through my alarm and I had half an hour to get my ass to school.

I was too sick to have breakfast even though my mum had left some on the kitchen counter but I got changed in my school clothes. I knew my mum wasn't in, the house was too empty and quiet, and her usual music wasn't playing gently in the background.

Running as fast as I could to Chloe's house my legs felt like they would fall off and I gulped about two bottles of water as soon as I got there.

'Look who decided to turn up you lazy bugger' I heard Chloe's voice say behind me who was waiting in her mums car, I laughed and got myself in the car in an awkward position so I wouldn't move my stomach too much but I obviously got a few giggles from Chloe and Cara, and I very much hoped Chloe wouldn't question me later for being late and acting weirdly, she always picked up on that stuff.

Our school was shabby but the education was good, when I was older I wanted to be a graphics designer, I always payed attention in class and got really good grades, but I was the complete opposite to Chloe, she on the other hand was the class clown and was only interested in painting her nails and beauty therapy in class. We arrived just on time, I would have run to our first lesson but Chloe held me back and the fact that I felt ill. I waved goodbye to Cara and ignored Chloe and walked ahead to my first lesson which according to my school diary was Biology with Miss Johnston.

Strangely I felt I didn't have the energy to put my hand up and answer every question Miss Johnston asked and I was far too sick to even contribute on the practical work which usually I loved.

Of course Miss Johnston had realised and pulled me back at the end of class, but this was what I was dreading throughout the day, I always got nervous talking to teachers. 'Are you ok Emma? you don't seem your usual self' She said with a concerned look in her eye.

I nodded and gulped 'Yeah I'm fine Miss, I just feel a bit ill, that's all' 'Well you look fine but maybe you should try eating something, I always feel a bit queasy when I haven't eaten' I nodded and thanked the teacher and left and went to my form room hoping for a bit of quiet because on a sunny day like this I knew everyone would be outside. I shut all the lights and curtains and sat on a chair at the back of the classroom and got my Ipod out and tried relaxing and listening to music.

However even after my half an hour break I still felt ill, I looked at my diary again to see I had a free period. Thank God!

I left the classroom before all the students entered the room, I pushed past them aggravated by them. Some of the year 8's really get to me, they are 12/ 13 and most of them have had sex in our school, even though I couldn't really talk, at least I was 16.