Chapter 5

Samantha

I grabbed my uniform and changed before picking up my pom-poms and going on the sidelines of the tourney field. I stretch and go over the steps in my head with slight hand movements.

Eventually the other cheerleaders come out, laughing and gossiping. The tourney players jogged out of the locker rooms and I saw Jay and Carlos in uniforms. Carlos looked like a lost puppy, (ironic, isn't it?) holding his helmet above his head and walking in circles.

Coach said who was on offense and defense, then yelled at Carlos who was in the kill zone. I giggled and got in my position, next to Audrey. I didn't choose to stand there. I was the best cheerleader then it was Audrey so we stood in front. Me being Belle and Beast's daughter, made me captain but they don't really like me so I let Audrey be Co-Captain.

As the boys were practicing, I was doing the cheer but then I stopped when I saw Jay knock Chad over. I hollered, "Go Jay! Be careful Carlos! That's my twin brother!" Jay just had fun knocking people over, including Carlos who was helpless and even though Ben was on offense with Jay, he was knocked over too. But it was okay, because Jay scored.

Practice was over so we all went to change. It was free period so most of us went to our lockers, studied, ate, whatever. I went to the bathroom, cause you know, I gotta go. But while I was in the stall, I heard shoes clanking against the floor.

None of the stalls opened so I guess they were checking their hair, but then more footsteps came. I looked through the crack in the door and saw Jane and Mal walk up behind her.

"Hi! It's Jane, right?" Mal said in a fake voice. I've been around Mal for these past two days and I knew her normal voice. "Ugh, I've always loved that name, Jane!" She giggled, which is probably never does.

"That's cool," Jane was very nervous and tried to walk out of the bathroom but Mal stopped her.

"I guess, I was just kinda hoping to make a friend," Mal's voice was softer than before. "You probably have all the friends you need though, huh?"

"Hardly," Jane said, twiddling her fingers.

"Really? I mean, with your mom being the Fairy Godmother and Headmistress?" She sounded slightly shocked. "I mean, not to much your own, umm... Personality!" I could see Mal's smile in the mirror.

"Id rather be pretty. You've got great hair!" Jane exclaimed, taking a slight step closer to Mal.

I stood there, trying to make no sound or sudden movements. "You know what? I've got just the thing for that!" Mal slammed a book into her hand and I jumped, hitting the bottom of the toilet with the heel of my shoe. "It's right... Ahh here. Beware, for swear, replace the old with brand new hair!" Mal read from this spell book she had. Her finger moved from side to side, up then down before Jane flipped her head back up and her hair was long and curled. I gasped silently but thankfully Jane did too when she looked in the mirror.

"Wow, you almost don't notice your other features anymore!" Mal chose her words very carefully. Jane repeatedly tapped the book with her finger.

"Do my nose!" She insisted. Mal shook her head.

"Oh, I can't. I've been practicing but , you know I can't do really big magic, not like your mom! With her wand!" Mal kind of shouted. Aha! I knew there was something wrong. Mal wants something to do with the wand. It was mentioned several times and that's why she is kissing up to Jane. And that's why the museum alarm went off last night! But it couldn't have been just her. What if, all of them are in on it? But I thought they were different.

"She doesn't use the wand anymore. She believes that the real magic is in the books and not like spell books, regular books with history and stuff," Jane said disappointed.

"She used magic on Cinderella, who wasn't even her real daughter. Doesn't she love you?" Mal asked making Jane feel a bit more sad.

"She does but it's more tough love. Work on the inside, not the outside." Jane frowns; slightly looking at the floor.

"That's the face! And just look as if your heart is breaking into a million pieces. I mean that's what old Cindy did and your mom bibbity bobbity booed the living daylights out of her," Jane laughed at what Mal said. "And if your mom does decided to break out the old wand, be sure to invite me!"

"If I could convince mom, you're so there!" Jane says, grabbing her purse and happily walking out the bathroom. She doesn't know that she was tricked. I wait for Mal to walk out before bursting out of the stall. Washing my hands and running out the bathroom to ask Carlos or Jay if it was them at the museum last night.

2 new chapters in one night! But my phone is dying, and it's almost midnight! I'll update tomorrow!