Chapter 8: The Gala

Recap: Shit, I hit my head with the cabinet door. I mean even if I heard his footsteps he scared me. Especially since he was closer than I thought. Thinking about it, it didn't sound like Lucas. Turning around, I saw a brunette headed man. "Who are you?"

Even I have to admit he's extremely handsome. He saw me staring and smirked. "I should be asking you that, I live here." He lives here?

He must have seen my confused state because he answered my unheard questions. "I'm Lucas' brother." He has a brother. Wow, no wonder he's also handsome. They do look alike.

"Oh. I didn't know he had a brother. I'm his personal assistant. My name's Leanne Williams." Nodding his head he took my hand and kissed it. "Beautiful name for someone with a sweet, sweet view. My name is -"

"What's going on here?"

Uh-oh.
________________________________________________

Shit!

He's totally going to think something happened. I start thinking of what to tell him, but Lucas' brother responds. "Oh, Hello brother. Nice to see you too. I was just introducing myself to this lovely lady. Care to let me continue?"

Lucas was giving him a look that said 'really?'. Derek just dismissed the look acting as if he didn't see it. "Let me do the honors, dear brother. Leanne, this is my brother, Derek Bradshaw. Derek, this is my personal assistant, Leanne Williams."

"Nice to meet you, Mr.Bradshaw." I gave him a tight smile. It's so weird now I have to call both of the Mr.Bradshaw. Unless, I just call Lucas 'Sir' or something - yeah, I think I'll stick with that.

"Oh please, Ms.Williams. No formalities needed call me by my name. I think it'll be fairly confusing if you call both of us that. Unless, of course my brother prefers you calling him something else." He said with an amused look. So, he's the playful one.

I wonder if he has anymore siblings I should know about. Why does he live in Italy? I understand they are rich and might have many houses (more like mansions) scattered around different countries in the world, but living in Italy on your own ? That's fishy. I totally need to further investigate. Woah, look at me I sound like a detective, but it's necessary. I mean I might end up working here for a while, hopefully, so I should know things like who I'm working for.

"Okay, well I have to talk to Leanne about something so excuse us. Leanne, follow me." Talk to me? Here goes nothing I guess. We walked out of the kitchen and down a hall, passing many other rooms, how man rooms does this house have? We finally come to a halt in front of a maroon door, he pauses and turns to me. He stares at me for a while until I started feeling uncomfortable and started fidgeting. "Um, are we going to go in?"

He finally stopped staring, as a matter of fact he kind of looks embarrassed. Let me enjoy this it might be the first and last time to see this. We stepped in the room and I realized it was his personal office. He goes to take a seat and signals for me to sit down.

"As you know we are going to the gala tonight, I'm going with Sarah. You are coming as my assistant, there are many important people attending this gala, so I need you to be friendly. Meaning no sarcasm or insulting Sarah."

I raise an eyebrow at that statement. I know how to act when at important events or professional settings. "That won't be a problem, who I am outside of work place has nothing to do with how I can handle situations at important events or at work. I can handle myself, Bradshaw." After my little rant I got up to go.

"Ms. Williams, I suggest you remember who you are talking to. I'm your boss, I've got to make sure you know what I expect of you. No need to get aggravated. You can leave now, I have things to do before the gala." I left without saying a word, he is insinuating that I don't know how to do my job. Checking my watch I notice it's five minutes to three. Time sure passed by, I need to get ready for the gala. Walking back to the kitchen I get a bottle of water and find Sarah trying to flirt with Derek. 

I can't believe she's doing that in her sex buddies house, mind you with his brother. That's none of my business though. I proceeded upstairs and took out the dress I'm going to wear to the gala. I set up everything that I'll be using before going to take a shower. The bathroom was the size of my living room, with double sinks, glass shower on the right corner and a golden tub beside it.

   Once I stop  admiring it, I strip from my clothes and enter the glass shower doors. Once I finish washing my hair I notice a figure by the bathroom door, looking closely it looks like Lucas.

"What are you doing in here?!" I start covering up, this is highly unprofessional. Why is he in here? Is he out of his mind? I looked at him and he was just gazing at my body. "Lucas!" So much for privacy. I turned to the towel on the handle at the end of the shower.

    "I see you like the bathroom." He finally replied. I got out the shower and looked for a robe. Being in just a towel was weird.
     "Yes , I do. What are you doing here ? Don't you have your own bathroom?"
      "I do, I just want to use yours. You know, girly stuff and all-" he stops and smiles. "Actually, I was just looking for you. Missed you and stuff."
     Even though I know he wasn't being serious, maybe it was the way he looked or the way he said it, but at that moment... I just wanted him to kiss me. That's when I realized that spending so much time around him, even if we argue, has made me grow feelings for him.

      It can't keep on growing though, it's very inappropriate. On top of that he doesn't even like me, he likes Sarah. I just give him a small smile.

     "Okay , well I need to get ready, so can you leave? Actually it's not a question.  Please, leave."

    I start heading to my room with him hot on my tail. "Why sweet cheeks?" Why's he acting like this? He never does such things. "Because I'm going to be getting naked,  I don't need an audience."

      He just stared at me and smirked. "Fine then, I have to get ready either way. Don't miss me too much." He winks. He just winked. What on earth is wrong with him today?

     Sigh. Once he leaves I start putting my underwear on. Since my dress is strapless I wear a clear strapless bra.

  My dress is bright pink, strapless  formal dress. I pair it with a black clutch and beige heels. I have to dress to impress. Before putting my dress on I do my makeup.  It was light , nude lipstick , light pink eye shadow and some blush.

     Then, I moved onto my hair. I curled it with my wand and left it out. After that I put my dress on.
    After I finished with the heels , I was all ready to go. Grabbing my clutch, I headed downstairs to see if everyone else was ready. Thankfully,  Lucas was already there waiting.
      "You ready?" He had a hand outstretched, taking a good look at him he looked very handsome. He was in a beige tuxedo with a white shirt and a baby pink bow tie. Not the usual tuxedo, but he still pulled it off. Nodding, I take his outstretched hand and we head outside.

       Maybe I shouldn't have asked but I couldn't help but wonder. "Not that I'm complaining, but where's Sarah?" He glanced at me and turned his head looking for the limousine. Why do I feel like he's avoiding this question? Second pass by and the limousine comes. We get in and he just stays shut. 

          Ever since this morning I haven't seen her. Maybe he realized she was just using him, even if he was doing the same. Only that she wanted his money and he wanted sex. God knows why he is such a womanizer. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't hear what he was saying. "Huh?" 

        " I said, she won't be coming back. I caught her talking to an enemy of mine and by talking I mean she was fucking the guy. Good thing I caught her on time." With that being said we arrived at the place of the gala. It looked like a mansion, but I was so shocked I didn't admire it as I would've anytime before. Lucas got out of the limousine and opened the door for me. Once I got out, lights started flashing, it was unsettling because I wasn't used to it. 

      We took a couple of pictures and then walked in side by side. The place was so big, chandeliers falling from the ceiling, long beautiful staircases, and most of all lots of people. And with my fascination with everything, I didn't notice a couple that I would dread to see...

**

New update!  know I haven't been on for a while, but I'll start writing more because I have more time. Let me know if you like it! Also, I noticed some chapters are awkward so I'll be editing some of the previous chapters.

Happy reading !