Catalina

The closer we got to the kitchen the more we were able to hear yelling. I looked up at my dad and he shrugged his shoulders. He pushed opened the door and stopped dead in his tracks, I had to slap my hand over my mouth from laughing out loud. My dad nodded his head a bit whipped with mash potatoes that just smacked him in the face. He shook his hand making it fall on the floor and at this point I couldn't hold in my laughter. He looked down at me with a glare that only made me laugh harder.

"You think this is funny?" He snapped. This time, I shrugged my shoulders pushing past him only to the kitchen.

"What the fuck." I squeaked looking around. I had no idea what that hell was going on and I really didn't want to know.

Corvette was standing on the Island with a big bowl of mash potatoes. It was all over the walls, the ceiling, and the counters. Let's just say it was everywhere. Looking around some more I saw meat on the floor along with other types of food. Titus was looking like he was going to kill someone. My eyes finally landed on Bo who was hiding behind a tray, not that it was helping much because it was too small.

"I'm not cleaning this shit up." I heard my dad snap behind me. "And neither is Catalina, C'mon baby lets go out to eat." My dad grabbed my arm and pulled me from the kitchen.

He was mumbling under his breath about how stupid they were for having a food fight. I was still trying to hide my laughter because the shock on my dad's face just priceless. When I did calm down I noticed how everyone moved out my dad's way. It was like they knew what type of man he was and didn't want to be in his way. I was a little sad that I didn't get to look around much because my dad was walking fast. When my dad stepped outside I all flew out the door.

Talk about being pissed.

"I wouldn't fucking go in there." My head snapped up to see who my dad was talking to. I froze at first and just looking at him I wasn't sure what to say or do. I wasn't excepting him to be here. I should have, though.

"What's going on inside?" Power asked looking from us to the building behind us. For a brief moment, we made eye contacted but I looked away.

While my dad and Power were having a conversation about what was happening inside. I took the liberty of sitting my dad's bike waiting for them to finish. My mind started to wonder to Tim I really wanted to know what happened to him this time. What if he came after me once again, he did it once he can do it again! Why did my life have to turn out this way? I was doing good considering the fact that I have cancers, speaking of cancer, I have an appointment tomorrow where I do chemo and then talk about getting the operation.

"Catalina, are you listening to me?"

"What?" I asked blinking up at Power.

He shook his head a bit. "I was asking how you're doing."

Looking down at my hands I thought over the answer to that, I was doing okay I guess. Considering the cancer and whole Tim thing I was okay. "Okay, I guess considering," I whispered playing with my fingers.

"That's good to hear." He said but I didn't look at him. "Catalina I wanted to apologize-"

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I cut him off. He didn't have to say he was sorry because he was just protecting Bo, his son. "You were trying to do what was right for Bo."

"That may be true but I should have trusted your word. You have not shown or done anything wrong to the family...I had no right." He looked to the building just as my dad came walking back out. When did he leave? "We will talk later," he said and then walked away leaving me alone with my dad. I was a little confused but I wasn't getting to push the topic, at least not yet.