Chapter 13 ~Falling~

Chapter 13

Falling

Ugh...where..the hell...am I? I propped myself up on my elbow and looked around. Everything was blurry. What the-?! I wiped my eyes, trying to get any sleep out of them. I opened my eyes again. Everything was still fuzzy.

What?!

I sat up and wiped my eyes again. I looked around. Still nothing.

No...

I jumped from the bed, barely missing a nightstand, but I heard something crash to the floor. Damn it! I could make out the only the shapes of objects, anything else would look like blobs.

I looked down and saw a rectangular thing on the ground. I picked it up, brushing glass off of it, and cutting myself in the process. I held it up close to my face. Okay, that's a little bit better. The picture frame started getting a little bit clearer.

I squinted and saw, I think, two figures close together. They were still fuzzy but all I really noticed was blonde hair on one of them and jet black hair on the other. Everything else was a mix of colors. I let it drop to the ground and looked around.

I saw a door open halfway and it was tiled. Maybe that's a bathroom. Yes! I scrambled towards it and ran towards the first thing I saw as a sink. I turned the faucet handle and cupped my hands underneath the cold water.

I washed my face, but mostly my eyes. The cold water felt so good on my skin, which was strangely warm. I blinked a few times in the water. I looked to my right and saw a towel rack. I grabbed the towel and wiped my face dry.

Holding the towel out, I blinked at it a few times. Everything was still blurry. DAMN IT!! What the hell happened to me! Tossing the towel back on the rack, I barged out of the bathroom, and was greeted by my kidnapper, or I think it is. I growled and backed away.

"I see your awake Maria." He smiled devilishly, well at least tried to.

"Yeah, awake and blind!" I pointed at my eyes. "What did you do?!" I yelled at him. He chuckled and walked towards me. I backed away, growling, until I reached the backwall. He grabbed my hands and pinned them above my head. He came in close.

"You haven't changed at all, have you Maria?" He said. I looked him dead in the eyes, or what i guessed to be his eyes.

"What are you talking about? I don't even know you!" I spat. I felt him tighten his grip around my hands.

"Oh don't worry about that." He let go of one hand and caught the other, pinning them behind my back. He embraced me with the other. He leaned in and planted small kisses on my neck.

"What the hell are you doing? Get the-!" I brought my legs up and started kneeing his stomach, or anything down there that would be at least effective. He didn't budge. I tried to move my hands and pinch his; Scratch, bite anything just get him off me. How the hell is he this strong! And why the hell don't I have my demon abilities! Damn it all!

Time for plan C I guess.

I went limp in his arms. I felt tears spring forth from my eyes. They dropped down my face and onto his. He stopped what he was doing and looked up. Then he gasped slightly, i felt him have a shocked and pained expression on his face. He let go of my hands and brought his up to my face.

"Oh...I'm so sorry Maria." He wiped away the tears flowing from my eyes and hugged me instead. I need him to buy this for a...little bit....longer? As I blinked, everything started clearing up. What the-?

How?

"What did....you do?" I whispered to him. He looked down at me and smiled, which I saw perfectly clear this time.