Rooftop Genie

• Dedicated to Ghie Chua

Chapter One: Transfered Student

"Ai Ai Yupie Yupie Ei Ei..." Kim Arah got up to her feet, wondering where her phone was. She lifted up her pillow but it wasn't there.

"Ai Ai Yupie Yupie Ei Ei..." Her phone continues ringing. She bowed down and looked under her ber. No more mistake, she found it there. It was Miho, her bestfriend, who's making a call. Half asleep, she quickly pressed the answer button.

"What's with the early call Miho?" she asked in an obvious just-woke-up tone.

"Early? You call this early? Kyaah~~ Chingu! It's already 8:30AM. First class is about to start." Miho replied. She was mad at this point but her voice still appears to be angelic soft.

"8:30AM? Kyaah~~ My clock refuse to work. I better change its battery."

"Hey! I've already heard that from you yesterday! And on the previous day. That's no excuse this time. Hurry up!"

"But it's real this time." Before Arah could have said this, her bestfriend already hanged the phone. "She did not even listened." She started fixing herself and did some girly things. As for the finale, she braided a small amount of hair on her right side and after that, TADAM! She's ready to go.

Kim Arah was a freshman at SMEnt University. An art school who professionally trains aspiring artists both for visual arts and performing arts. Arah was under the performing arts department while her bestfriend was under the visual arts department. Though they fall under different departments, they were still classmates during academic classes. Arah was far different from her bestfriend. She's brave and strong while Miho was her total opposite. Arah might be hard-headed and short tempered but she's not a cold-hearted. Like others, she's also admiring someone. A senior to be specific. Honestly, it's also the opposite of Miho. Why? That is for you to find out.

While Arah was on her way to school, a car keeps on horning from behind.

"Get out of my way freak!" It was that car's owner who said it. Arah did not looked back instead, she walked nearer to corner. She was trying to be more calm and patient because she promised Miho that she'll work on her short-temperedness. But I guess fate is making fun out of her. She met a lad who'll make her life miserable.

She was now in the out-most side of the sidewalk but the car keeps on horning. She couldn't help it anymore so she blew up in anger. She stopped for a moment and the car did as well. The car window was slowly revealing its driver as Arah went near it and knocked. It was a young lad and it can't be denied that he was quite attractive. He simply looks elegant yet a little arrogant.

"What's wrong with you?" Arah raised her voice. In her surprise, the young lad did not answered but gave her a handkerchief.

"What would I do with this?" She was confused but that lad still did not answered. He closed the window and accelerated his car. Unexpectedly, a stagnant water splashed right into Kim Arah's skirt when the car passed through it. He planned it? Good guess. Yes, he did.

"Er-- that bastard. I HATE HIM!" she shouted. "I can't go to class like this."

She went straight to the rooftop. It was her favorite place to earn good vibes and probably in cutting classes also.

"I REALLY HATE THAT BASTARD!" she shouted.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was on his way to the rooftop. Baekhyun was a senior student and quite popular at SMEnt University. Same with Arah, he's under the performing arts department. He's a passionate singer and he loves music so much. Arah secretly admires him but he treats her only like a younger sister -or maybe not.

"Arah? What's she doing here?" he asked himself as he saw a familiar girl sitting at the corner of this rooftop, wearing plugs on her ears. Obviously, she was listening to music. He approached her and teasingly took off the plugs on her ears.

"Yaah~ Oppa!" Arah's face went red.

"Why are you skipping your first class?" Baekhyun snap her forehead. He always did to tease Arah.

"Aw~ Why do you keep on snapping my forehead."

"I like seeing you mad. You look cute." he said with his undeniably cute eye smile. Aigoo~ so cute.

"Babo!" As usual, she blushed. Who wouldn't when Baekhyun, the one you admire, is in front of you? Baekhyun just pout in reply. Aigoo~ really cute. Arah then said, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for my friend. A transfered student from China. We were suppose to be on the same class but he wasn't there yet."

"A friend? Is he as kind as you?"

"I am kind?" Baekhyun laughed. Aigoo~ so cute again! "Maybe he is."

"Maybe?"

"Go to our room after class. I'll introduce him to you." he said. "But I gotta find him first."

"Have you tried looking for him at the faculty room? Transfered student usually go there first before going to class, right?"

"Idiot me! I did not thought to try that." he scratched his head. "I'll go ahead. Kamsahamnida!"

First class has ended, Miho went out to look for her bestfriend. She walked along the corridor and on her way, she saw Baekhyun.

"Em... Have you seen Arah?" she asked.

"Ah... Yes, at the rooftop." he smiled and pointed the way.

"Gomawo." She headed to the rooftop and like what Baekhyun said, Arah was there.

"Chingu! You skipped your first class again." Miho run close to Arah.

"Believe me, I was on my way to class but I lost the mood because of that BASTARD."

"Bastard?"

"I hate him! I really hate him!"

"Enough with that. We better go to our room before you think to skip again the next subject." she pulled up Arah.

After class, Arah asked Miho to go with her to Baekhyun's class room. In reality, she was excited to see Baekhyun again and not to meet his friend, the transfered student. From the entrance door to every corner of the room, it was field with seniors. They gone wild out of something -or should I say someone.

"Excuse me." Arah tried to enter the room but she couldn't. A lot of seniors are blocking the way.

"What are they up to?" Miho asked.

Good thing they saw Baekhyun.Arah did not hesitate to call him.

"Oppa!"

"Annyeong." he greeted while waving low his two hands.

"What's with them? They were acting strange." Miho said.

"I guess Luhan got much of attention on his first day." he smiled.

Luhan was the transfered student. He and Baekhyun were childhood friends. He's ulzzang and it's probably the reason why he earned a lot of attention on his first day. And before I forgot to tell you, he was also the one who made fun out of Arah early this morning. Why? I have no idea.

"Come. I'll introduce both of you to him." He pulled the two and went near to Luhan. "Luhan, I want you to meet Miho and Arah. I already told you stories about her, right?"

"Kyaah~ You're that BASTARD!" Arah shouted as she saw Luhan. In reply, Luhan just gave her a playful smile.

"You know him Arah?" Baekhyun asked.

She looked at Baekhyun and said, "Oppa!" Her face can't be painted nor be described. Mix of madness and dissappoinment. On the other hand, Luhan keeps on making a playful laugh. Aigoo~ another one to call so cute. His laugh made Arah more mad and teased.

"I feel like I've known her before but I really couldn't remember. Nevermind. I enjoy making fun out of this KIM ARAH." Luhan told himself as his eyes reached Miho.