Before I Leave, My Last Farwell

Stepping out of my body for the first time was the most oddest but most liberating thing I had ever done in my life. I was free from the harms and dangers of the human world. I had become a new person and taken on a new form. Yet, I still had one last thing to do before I left this life and world behind.

        I'm taking advantage of being out of my physical body to see the world from my second view.

So, I'm taking a walk.

I pass the bed where my cold, nonliving body lies. Machines and Monitors quickly alarm every one with panic as the doctors and nurses rush to revive me, bring me back.

It's too late though, its my time.

I stop in the door way to get one last look at my parents. My mother is um bearable to watch as she cries hysterically into my fathers arms. My father yells at the doctors to bring me back, with tears streaming down his face. Its not what you would want to remember as your last time seeing the ones you love but sometimes you have no control.

They want me back, but I'm already gone.

      As the chaos builds in the room, I leave.

I walk throughout the brightly lit hallways of the hospital. I exit the building and leave through the dark, dim litted parking lot, leaving behind the my lovely parents of sixteen years.

    Its amazing what you can do when the world is asleep.The wind seems to just blow right through you. Everything is calm and quiet. I'm not so apprehensive of the dark anymore.

The sky is black and the stars are beautiful and brighter to my new eyes. The night seems more delicate and full wonder than I remeber from my solid form.

My bare feet on the rough, cool ground seem to levitate above the earth with each step I take.

I walk until I stop at a small house just on the corner of my street.

It is the place where a seventeen year old boy lives.

He is the love of my former life.

I walk to the window that i had snuck in and out of so often when I came late at night to visit him.

I manage to make my way into the house were everything is quiet. I walk through the house until i reach a door way. The door is closed but I know whose in side.

I step thorugh and stand in front of the doorway inside the bedroom.

He is fast asleep as I walk pass his desk and dresser where pictures or him and I are placed. I giggle at the sound of his soft snore while I sit down on the edge of his bed. As he wiggles and squirms beneath his twisted blankets and bed sheets, I watch him sleep.

Even out of my physical humanity, my soul still aches at the thought of leaving him.

He moves enough for me to squeeze between the wall and his body.

I lie my body next to his.

My head is just inches from his face. I stare at his handsome sleeping face, which took my breathe away every time I looked at him.

I study his face, every freckle, every laugh line , every scar.

I take my hand up to touch his face, and attempt to gently touch him, skeptical at the thought that my hand may go right through him.

I become full of shock and excitement at the fact that God is allowing me to touch my love for the last few moments I have.

I smile gently.

I lie there wondering what he's dreaming of.

I wonder if his soul knows that I'll be gone when he wakes.

I take my hand and place it on to his chest,feeling the familiar heart beat and rise and fall of every breathe he takes, and realize my heart no longer does that.

Time is ticking and there is not much time left before I need to leave.

I kiss his neck and stretch mine, so my voice is near his ear, and whisper,

" I love you,"

I pause,

" don't forget me."

I look out the window and the faintness of dawn rising.

I collect my self and stand to my feet.

Next to his bed I get down on my knees to say my last and final farewell.

I kiss his forehead, his nose and then his soft, warm, lips.

I grab his limp hand and caress it as i gently put it against my face. I lplace it back gently as I stand.

I turn around and begin towalk out the bedroom door way.

I stop, and turn around, for one last time, a moment

I give one last look at my love and leave as I see his beutiful bright blue eyes open.