The Plan Worked

It all worked, Apart from the fact that people saw me, but that doesn't matter too much now. At least I know I'm becoming more visible which means that people are starting to believe.

I ran the whole way home, trying to stay in the shadows or on the walk paths that aren't as know, so it stopped more people from seeing the partially visible ghost boy that was wandering around.

I got off another of my personal secret paths that lead straight to my back boor and I ran up the stairs faster than snow could fall in a blizzard, and headed straight to the cracked mirror that hung unevenly on the panelled wall.

And as I looked in it, I actually saw someone looking back instead of all of the times that I looked in the mirror and saw the dusty, broken wall behind me, but this time I saw me.

I saw the worn down blue sweater that finishes my signature look. And my legs were covered by a thin layer of tight brown suede pants. My feet were shoe-less but were slightly protected by the worn away cotton socks.

And my face. Well my face was just like the black and white picture, apart from the fact I was coloured in. My eyes were the cold ice blue that I remembered and my hair was white like the snow I bring on days in winter.

But of course, I was faint, like a shadow, or a ghost.

However, that changed. Every hour I went back to the mirror to check how much more of me was showing and it was increasing every time I went back, that was until within the hour that I was waiting, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I remember cursing myself for letting me fall asleep when I was meant to be tracking my progress. When I sat up, I remember my mouth tasting like the cheese that was on the pizza I ate a few days prior.

I didn't need to eat, but pizza and chocolate just tasted good anyway.

So, that morning, I got up and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get rid of the strong cheese taste that was invading my senses. But as I was making my way to the bathroom, I passed a mirror. Not the full body length mirror that I was checking myself with, but just a little mirror that I could check my face with.

And the funny thing was, I could actually check my face with it. My face was there. My whole face, not faded or slightly transparent. My whole face.

I remember that the whole idea of brushing my teeth just flew a thousand miles away from what I was thinking now. Because the best plan I had ever came up with, I mean it's not hard to top my plans but this one was seriously amazing, had just formed in my completely visible head.

I was going to school.

I remember I almost flew to the hidden closet, which is concealed behind part of the wall, and fulled out a file. The file held fake documents for 24 different people. Each persons name started with a different letter. I used it as a sort of game every time people believed.

It only happens every-so-often, so why not make it fun when it does happen?

I layed all of the 24 different files out in front of me, closed my eyes and let my hands hover over the different files. When I was happy that I had chosen one, I lowered my hand and picked up the file that had been chosen.

Niall Horan.

That would be my name for the next day.

I then made some slight alterations on each document, making sure the age would be right for this year, filling in the right dates and forging parent signatures and making there names up as well.