Chapter One- Sweet Deams

Pulling a long breathe of air into my lungs, I pushed myself off my knees and continued to run. I could hear their voices, calling me, taunting me. I whipped out one of my switch blades and cut off a piece of my jacket. They would follow my scent while I made my escape. Quickly I laid a false trail, and then retraced my steps back to my original path, they would have to split up meaning there was less of them that I needed to fight off.  I kept running, listening to the steady patter of my boots slapping the cement, my heart was thudding in my ears; I looked back for a second and regretted it. Two brutish men were close on my back, they had sickly smiles and even though it didn’t look like it, they had weapons. My eyes widened and I let my keen sense of smell direct me in the dark. Then I was falling. My scream pierced the air as the men gathered around me. I began thrashing, trying to injure anyone of them.

“I’m sorry babe, but this is where your story ends,” One of them said to me pulling out a blade.

I spat in his eye, and continued to kick and punch.

“That’s it, we’re done here,” he said plunging the blade into my heart.

A snarl mangled in with a scream erupted from my lips. I was dying.

“Brianna, BRIANNA!” a voice called, shaking me from my nightmare.

“What?” I asked jolting upright, everything I saw was blurred as sleep rested in my eyes. I reached my hand up an wiped my eyes, my vision clearing up.

“You were screaming, again,” my mom said, stroking my long brown hair out of my face.

Her brown eyes peered into my hazel ones. Worry contorted her face. I knew that I wasn’t the only one causing her to have restless nights. She sat on the edge of the bed and smoothed the blankets around my legs.

“Sorry,” I mumbled, feeling bad for continuing to cause sleep to elude my poor mother, she was already as tired as I was, even though she didn’t show it.

“What happened this time?” my mom asked softly.

“I, I died,” I whispered, grimacing at the memory.

“That’s not good,” she muttered, probably thinking of when she would be able to tell my dad.

“How’s dad doing up at the front?” I asked.

Instantly my mother’s face contoured with worry. Our pack and several other packs had been at war with the Blood Pack. The Alpha for that pack was an evil blood thirsty man, who wants to take over all the packs in the state, power, had driven him mad. Him and his pack, plus all the rouges his invited had been attacking and killing innocent wolves and pack Alpha’s. My father and some of our pack were defending the other packs.

“Nothing since the last time we were informed,” my mom said, wringing her hands. Our Alpha, my father, had been gone for several weeks, and as Alpha Mate, my mom had to take care of our whole pack, that wasn’t a weight meant for one shoulder to carry.

“It’s going to be alright, right?” I asked my mother. The last time we had a report, it was great news, Alpha Keller had been spotted, and we were on the offensive side.

“I hope so,” My mom said giving me a kiss on the head. “Go back to sleep, you have school in the morning,”

“Ugh, don’t remind me,” I said rolling my eyes.

“Come on, school isn’t that bad,” my mom said, her eyes flickering to the alarm on my dresser.

“Mom, you haven’t been to high school in years,” I chuckled, quickly lunging under the safety of my blankets and my mother swiped a friendly hand at where my head once was. 

“I’ll remember this,” my mom muttered, I felt the bed raise up a little, showing that she had gotten up. “Night Brianna,” my mom chuckled, closing the door and leaving me in darkness.

I closed my eyes and went into an uneventful restless sleep.

Hey there! So How was it? Good, bad, ugly? This is my first story up here so tell me how you like it and any ideas! 

Drop a comment! I'll read every single one!