Chapter 10 Take it

I walk into the kitchen and take an apple out of the fridge. I walk into the living room and see that my mom is home.

"Mom, I got some bad news." I say sitting down beside her.

She turns off the tv and looks at me "Go on." She says.

"I'm going to juvie for a month if I can't pay this girls medical bill by tomorrow." I say handing her the sheet.

She looks at it and pulls out her wallet.

"I'm not expecting anyone's money. I can't. I'm doing this by myself I'm the one who broke the girls jaw. I'm taking full responsibility." I say proudly. She looks at me and smiles and hugs me. I stand up and walk upstairs.

I knock and walk into Nate's room. I see that he's sitting by himself staring at the wall (He does that a lot.) I sit beside him and he turns his focus to me.

"Where's Max?" I ask.

"He had to go get stuff from his house." He says.

"I'm really sorry Nate." I say a tear streaming down my face. He wraps his arms around me and I lay my head on his lap.

"Megan, so what your going to juvie. You won't change I'll still love you." He says kissing my forehead. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

I wake up with my alarm clock going off I check the time 8:30. I sit up and see that I am in my own bed. I sigh and look at my night stand seeing my alarm clock and an envelope on top. I turn the alarm clock off and take the envelope and rip it open. It had a note in it and it read;

Dear Megan,

I really do love you. So that's why I've figured to raise $2000 dollars between me and Nate. I don't want to see a beautiful girl like you go to juvie for something that you didn't even do. Take the money and live freely. But just remember, my love is always in your hands.

Sincerely

Max Hunter.

I look into the envelope and see all the money. I take the note and shove it in my pocket. I then take the envelope full of money and walk out of my room and go to Nate's door. I think for a minute about the decision I'm making. I sigh and bend down sliding the envelope under the door. Running back into my room to get ready to be arrested.