Chapter 14

I woke up on the cold ground to the sun rising on the horizon.  I was still in Jack's arms as he slept beside me, the rest of last night we talked about everything and anything, something I hadn't done in a very long time. I looked at Jack to see he was still peacefully asleep, I tried to escape his embrace to sit up and watch the sunrise but his arms were firmly wrapped around me, giving me that warm feeling in the pit of my stomach. When I finally decided to give up I slowly rolled over to look at him, his eyes closed made him look very peaceful and innocent but his eyebrows were furrowed in a frown. I watched as his expressions changed, watching as his frown relaxed slightly. He began to stir in his sleep and he opened his eyes. They were full of worry and anger but as they focused on me they seemed to soften slightly, but then he frowned slightly. 

"What's up?" I ask him as he looks at me. He doesn't move but just keeps staring at me, his grip tightens on me slightly and it begins to hurt my back. I look at him and he seems in his own world. "Ow, Jack you're hurting me." I say as his arms tighten even more around me. That seems to knock him out of his own world and into reality. His expression softens and sends me a sad smile. "What's the matter Jack? And don't bullshit me and tell me you are fine because I can see you aren't." I say and he lets out a small sigh. 

"It's nothing really, I keep having nightmares about my mum." He says and I nod, understanding what he was saying completely.

"Do you want to talk about them? Maybe if you talk about them it will help." I say and he looks at me with sad eyes and offers me a small smile. 

"Maybe in a bit, now I think it is time to watch the sun rise and then get home." He says and I nod in agreement, we sit up and look over the cliff to watch the sun rise, starting the day. I would have enjoyed it if what had just happened with Jack wasn't nibbling away inside of me, something was wrong and I was worried that he was falling back to wear he was before. I knew he didn't want that but I wasn't sure if he had a say in the matter. Loosing his mum was bound to take a toll on Jack especially after his Dad left them. I wanted to be there for him but I didn't know how to, I hadn't known him before and I didn't know what he could be like.

We watched the sun rise as the sky filled with reds and golds and after we got back in the car and drove home, it was only seven in the morning so it was highly likely that my parents weren't awake so we could get in before they noticed. When we pulled onto the road from the forest the radio was blaring away with the All Time Low album, future hearts. Jack drummed carelessly along with the beat of the songs as they played and I quietly hummed along, the silence was comfortable enough and the music helped to comfort both of us. Soon enough though, I was singing along to the songs as they played. I looked over to Jack to see him smiling at my terrible singing to the songs, it was a real smile, not one of the ones he has been using for a while that never reached his eyes, it was a genuine smile. It spread a warm feeling throughout me that he was happy with me and that he was alright, he wasn't turning into a different Jack, a Jack I didn't know. 

"I love you, you know that." He shouts over me and the music. 

"Of course I know that, I mean what's not to love. And I love you too." I say jokingly and he laughs. 

"So modest aren't you Anna." He says with a smile and I nod. 

"Always will be babe." I say and he nods whilst laughing. 

"You really are an interesting piece of work Chocolate." He says and I nod to him. 

"Course I am, got to keep those I love on their feet." I say as we turn down the road which located Jack's house. I look over at him and he still has a smile plastered on his face.