Chapter 3: What the Hell?

A/N: dedicated to @BeautifulBlues @sabrinademelo and @ChristielJackson who i'm pretty sure are my only readers at the moment

nonetheless, thanks for voting, reading, and commenting my lovelies! love you guys xx

Abigail and I walked to Undead's house the next day after I had gotten a nice rest. Well, "walked" would be a lie. She grabbed my hand and teleported us inside his house without any further warning; resulting in my rush to the sink to barf. 

I turned on the water, making sure all of my waste made it down the drain. I wiped my mouth and glared at Abigail.

"You could have warned me." I cried out in disbelief, a small glare on my face as I wobbled over to her. 

Abigail shrugged, a coy smirk painted on her pale lips. "Sorry."

"We could have knocked, by the way. Not ju-"

"Mae?" Undead called from behind me. I huffed and turned around, smiling shyly.

"Yeah, hey." I mumbled, letting my arms fall to my sides dramatically. "Sorry for just barging in my... mom, doesn't understand it's a bit rude."

Undead laughed and waved his hand around as if to dismiss the teleportation; though I only then remembered he probably could do it himself. 

"Uhm, I have some news, I guess." I began, unsure of myself. I looked to Abigail for help. She simply scoffed and groaned.

"She's a visionary." Abigail finished for me; short and sweet.

Undead nodded and smiled down at me. "So, I assume you know I'm a demon-hunter?"

I laughed loudly, rolling my eyes. "You make that seem like a bad thing." I teased.

He walked past me and Abigail, sitting in the living room. Harley bounded toward us, barking happily. She sat on the floor in the front of us, wagging her tail. I smiled and pet her head softly, giggling as she licked my wrist. 

"So, what brings you here? Last time I checked, you didn't particularly like it here, or me for that matter."

I smiled with a bit of embarrassment, looking to Abigail. She nodded back, raising her hand, a silent gesture urging me to continue.

"I saw a dark spirit here. It was my... my first, I guess, and I got scared." I explained. "I still have bad vibes here." I admitted.

Undead furrowed his eyebrows, and looked to my mom for reassurance. 

"It's true. I was by her side, though invisible. I didn't visit her until late at night, but you, my young boy, seem to help Mae's powers grow. She's a late bloomer, but I believe if you two stick together, you can help one another flourish into strong leaders."

I sighed, turning to Abigail. "Listen, Abi, you're getting ahead of yourself. Leaders? My god, I just learned about this whole shit-show yesterday."

Abigail sighed and looked to her lap. "I understand, Mae."

I closed my eyes and allowed myself a moment to relax, re-opening them again when I was calm. 

"Undead, do you think.. do you think you could help me?" 

He laughed, smiling broadly. "Yeah, but... how?"

I shrugged. "However you can."

"I can help you control your powers, Mae." Abigail butted in. "Once you discover them all, of course. Undead and I can also help you train, and learn how to use them."

"So he's just a walking battery for me, right?" I asked sarcastically. 

Abigail sighed. "For the time being, yes. That is, if you will." She added, turning to Undead. 

"I'd love to help." He admitted, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

My breath was taken away, literally, at contact. A spark burst in between us, sending Undead and me flying across the room. I slammed onto the wall, gasping for breath. I held my throat, throwing my head back in anguish. As I regained breath, I noticed a large piece of dry wall hanging down from above. I realized it was going to fall, quickly, and right on top of Undead. 

It slipped from the ceiling and barreled toward Undead. I screamed out, reaching my hand in front of me. Suddenly Undead flew toward me, and with another twitch of my fingers, he stopped in front of me, inches away from my face. His feet hovered a few inches above the ground. I gasped, stepping away from him in horror. 

Undead fell to the ground and stumbled a bit, regaining his footing.

"What. The. Hell?" I breathed out, my fingers shaking. 

Undead offered me a lop-sided smile, sighing contently. "Thanks for saving me life." 

I nodded, furrowing my eyebrows. I was barely listening; all I could focus on were my fingers. I had moved him from the other goddamn side of the room. 

"Are you ok?" Undead asked, slowly walking toward me. I snapped out of my head, flinching.

"Don't touch me!" I screeched, pushing my palms in front of me. 

Undead flew backwards with a groan, almost crashing into the wall again. I had enough sanity to clench my fists, stopping Undead's travel. I relaxed my hands and slid my palms down the air, watching in disbelief as Undead slowly hovered back down to the floor. 

"Telekinesis." He chuckled, breathing heavily. I didn't blame him; in the past minute, he was basically my rag-doll. 

"Well, that's one ability discovered." Abigail chided happily, clasping her hands together. "You're helping her by the minute, Undead James. I'm not quite sure why you two sparked at contact, but we should figure that out along our journey." 

He shrugged. "I'm not sure why I'm helping her to grow." 

"Neither do we." Abigail agreed. "We'll figure it out soon enough." Abi sighed, clicking her tongue. "Mae, stand up."

I stood slowly, walking over to the two. "I don't want to hurt anyone."

"You won't." Undead assured me. I took a shaky breath in, exhaling slowly. 

"I'm sorry." I murmured, tracing my fingers lightly along a cut on his arm. 

"Don't worry about it. C'mon, let's go practice in my basement. There's a bunch of junk you can move around." 

I nodded, hesitantly allowing him to link our hands together. I smiled softly to Abigail as a thanks, rolling my eyes as she sent me a wink.