Chapter 2; the next day

The next day

Autumn's POV:

I woke up to the loud, repeated buzzing of my alarm clock. I reached over, taking my arm out from under the warmth of my blanket to stop the irritating noise.

It was 8:03 on a Monday morning. Pleasant. The thought of me having to tell Isabelle I'm moving came to me giving me chills down my body. I sighed loudly. My brain faded back into thought about how she would react to this news my mom had given me yesterday. Would she bombard me with questions? Would she be okay with it all? No. She'd defiantly be asking a bunch of questions. But, I just don't know if I'm ready with it.

I sat up on the edge of my bed. It was so comfy. Soft black sheets and a blue blanket. It took me a minute but I finally found the courage to say my goodbyes to my bed for the day until I got back from school.

I got my clothes; a pair of jean shorts and a black tank top with a red pladed button-up shirt. Then I headed to the bathroom and got a shower and put my clothes on. I put my hair up in a pony tail and let my side sweep bangs hang loose. While I looked in the mirror I saw my face. It was different knowing I'd be moving from this house soon. Even being here shorter than a year, I could put a blind fold on and still act like it was nothing. I also saw what I've seen everyday for a long time. My face. I had pale skin but it matched well with my light skin tone. I was tall; 5'3. But I had green/brown eyes. My cheeks were some-what flushed.

I walked from the bathroom back to my room to grab my shoes and socks. I put on my white socks. I tied the last knot to my white Vans. I loved Vans. I had like twenty pairs of Vans shoes, a Vans skate board and a couple of Vans hats. What can I say? I like Vans stuff.

I glanced at the clock and it was 8:24 now. I walked to the kitchen to find my mom making coffee.

"Morning mom."

"Good morning Autumn. Would you like me to take you to school today?"

"No thanks. I'll just ride my skateboard."

"Okay. So, are you going to tell Isabelle that we're moving at school."

"Uh well," I hesitated. "I'm not sure yet but I will."

"Okay."

I sat my bag down in a chair and made a bowl of 'Cinnamon And Toast Crunch'. Once I got done eating I put my spoon and bowl in the sink and hugged my mom.

"I'm leaving."

"Oh! Okay. I love you, Autumn. Have a good day at school!"

"Okay, mom. I will." I said. I'm not actually sure I will or not.

I got my bag and made sure I had my phone and headed out the door to the garage. I opened the garage door and grabbed my skateboard and closed it and stated to ride to school.

About 7 minutes later..

I got to the school gate and stopped. I took out my phone and saw it was now 8:38. I then turned my phone to mute. Sadly I have a android but I have something, right? I put my phone into my bag and walked the rest of the way with my skateboard under my arm.